Jul 31, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
As Knobler goes on to say: “Arencibia has power, but scouts say his catching and throwing have both been big problems for Jays.”
We looked at Iannetta as a possibility for the Indians and Pirates last week. There hadn’t been any hot rumors since, but Iannetta may well be available as the Rockies try to remake the bottom half of their lineup. The 28-year-old has hit .221/.375/.402 with 10 homers and 37 RBI in 308 at-bats while mostly hitting eighth this season.
The Rockies are also shopping Ian Stewart, according to the Denver Post’s Troy Renck.
Update: Tracy Ringolsby just said on MLB Network that the Red Sox, a long-time admirer of Iannetta, are also back in the mix as a suitor for the catcher.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 14
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 24
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (206)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)