Jul 31, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
As Knobler goes on to say: “Arencibia has power, but scouts say his catching and throwing have both been big problems for Jays.”
We looked at Iannetta as a possibility for the Indians and Pirates last week. There hadn’t been any hot rumors since, but Iannetta may well be available as the Rockies try to remake the bottom half of their lineup. The 28-year-old has hit .221/.375/.402 with 10 homers and 37 RBI in 308 at-bats while mostly hitting eighth this season.
The Rockies are also shopping Ian Stewart, according to the Denver Post’s Troy Renck.
Update: Tracy Ringolsby just said on MLB Network that the Red Sox, a long-time admirer of Iannetta, are also back in the mix as a suitor for the catcher.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 35
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 9
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 31
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)