Jul 31, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
As Knobler goes on to say: “Arencibia has power, but scouts say his catching and throwing have both been big problems for Jays.”
We looked at Iannetta as a possibility for the Indians and Pirates last week. There hadn’t been any hot rumors since, but Iannetta may well be available as the Rockies try to remake the bottom half of their lineup. The 28-year-old has hit .221/.375/.402 with 10 homers and 37 RBI in 308 at-bats while mostly hitting eighth this season.
The Rockies are also shopping Ian Stewart, according to the Denver Post’s Troy Renck.
Update: Tracy Ringolsby just said on MLB Network that the Red Sox, a long-time admirer of Iannetta, are also back in the mix as a suitor for the catcher.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)