Jul 31, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
As Knobler goes on to say: “Arencibia has power, but scouts say his catching and throwing have both been big problems for Jays.”
We looked at Iannetta as a possibility for the Indians and Pirates last week. There hadn’t been any hot rumors since, but Iannetta may well be available as the Rockies try to remake the bottom half of their lineup. The 28-year-old has hit .221/.375/.402 with 10 homers and 37 RBI in 308 at-bats while mostly hitting eighth this season.
The Rockies are also shopping Ian Stewart, according to the Denver Post’s Troy Renck.
Update: Tracy Ringolsby just said on MLB Network that the Red Sox, a long-time admirer of Iannetta, are also back in the mix as a suitor for the catcher.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)