Jul 31, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
As Knobler goes on to say: “Arencibia has power, but scouts say his catching and throwing have both been big problems for Jays.”
We looked at Iannetta as a possibility for the Indians and Pirates last week. There hadn’t been any hot rumors since, but Iannetta may well be available as the Rockies try to remake the bottom half of their lineup. The 28-year-old has hit .221/.375/.402 with 10 homers and 37 RBI in 308 at-bats while mostly hitting eighth this season.
The Rockies are also shopping Ian Stewart, according to the Denver Post’s Troy Renck.
Update: Tracy Ringolsby just said on MLB Network that the Red Sox, a long-time admirer of Iannetta, are also back in the mix as a suitor for the catcher.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)