Jul 31, 2011, 12:06 PM EDT
Update: Nevermind that, apparently. Kilgore just tweeted that he received some bad information and that no Coffey deal is imminent.
This probably isn’t the trade for a center fielder the Nats have been aiming for, but the Washington Post’s Adam Kilgore hears that the Nationals are about to deal Todd Coffey.
Coffey, 30, was signed as a free agent over the winter after posting a 4.76 ERA in 62 1/3 innings for the Brewers last season. He has a 3.92 ERA and a 33/17 K/BB ratio in 41 1/3 innings this season. Coffey enjoyed his best year in 2009, posting a 2.90 ERA and striking out a career-best 65 batters in 82 2/3 innings for Milwaukee.
According to Kilgore, the Nats are calling up Atahualupa Severino to replace him in the bullpen.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 11
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 50
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)