Jul 31, 2011, 4:20 PM EDT
4:20 p.m. EDT update: We’re a bit late on things because WordPress, of all of the possible times to crash, picked 3:58 p.m. on deadline day. Storen, anyway, is in the game against the Mets, so obviously nothing got done with the Twins.
FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal said on MLB Network that he believes the Twins and Nationals have agreed on the bigger portion of a Denard Span-for-Drew Storen deal, but that side pieces have held things up.
Based on past rumors, that suggests the Twins are holding out for either infielder Stephen Lombardozzi or outfielder Roger Bernadina along with Storen, while the Nationals probably think their offer of Storen is sufficient.
For what it’s worth, Span is in the lineup for Triple-A Rochester today, while Storen is in the pen for the Nationals.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 16
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 26
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 26
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)