Jul 31, 2011, 4:20 PM EST
4:20 p.m. EDT update: We’re a bit late on things because WordPress, of all of the possible times to crash, picked 3:58 p.m. on deadline day. Storen, anyway, is in the game against the Mets, so obviously nothing got done with the Twins.
FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal said on MLB Network that he believes the Twins and Nationals have agreed on the bigger portion of a Denard Span-for-Drew Storen deal, but that side pieces have held things up.
Based on past rumors, that suggests the Twins are holding out for either infielder Stephen Lombardozzi or outfielder Roger Bernadina along with Storen, while the Nationals probably think their offer of Storen is sufficient.
For what it’s worth, Span is in the lineup for Triple-A Rochester today, while Storen is in the pen for the Nationals.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (271)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)