Jul 31, 2011, 4:20 PM EDT
4:20 p.m. EDT update: We’re a bit late on things because WordPress, of all of the possible times to crash, picked 3:58 p.m. on deadline day. Storen, anyway, is in the game against the Mets, so obviously nothing got done with the Twins.
FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal said on MLB Network that he believes the Twins and Nationals have agreed on the bigger portion of a Denard Span-for-Drew Storen deal, but that side pieces have held things up.
Based on past rumors, that suggests the Twins are holding out for either infielder Stephen Lombardozzi or outfielder Roger Bernadina along with Storen, while the Nationals probably think their offer of Storen is sufficient.
For what it’s worth, Span is in the lineup for Triple-A Rochester today, while Storen is in the pen for the Nationals.
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 0
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 19
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 35
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 47
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)