Jul 31, 2011, 4:20 PM EDT
4:20 p.m. EDT update: We’re a bit late on things because WordPress, of all of the possible times to crash, picked 3:58 p.m. on deadline day. Storen, anyway, is in the game against the Mets, so obviously nothing got done with the Twins.
FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal said on MLB Network that he believes the Twins and Nationals have agreed on the bigger portion of a Denard Span-for-Drew Storen deal, but that side pieces have held things up.
Based on past rumors, that suggests the Twins are holding out for either infielder Stephen Lombardozzi or outfielder Roger Bernadina along with Storen, while the Nationals probably think their offer of Storen is sufficient.
For what it’s worth, Span is in the lineup for Triple-A Rochester today, while Storen is in the pen for the Nationals.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 9
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 42
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 61
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)