Jul 31, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
And now FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Blue Jays have entered the mix for Rodriguez.
Rodriguez’s three-year, $34 million contract, which includes a vesting option for 2014 that kicks in due with any trade, is the big stumbling block here, with many suggesting he’s simply not worth the money. Trade talks with the Yankees reportedly broke down over how much cash the Astros would have to pick up.
The way I see it, Rodriguez is worth the $10 million he’s due next year and his $13 milion salary in 2013, but no one should be too eager to both take on the salary and part with any significant talent. Because of the contract, it’s possible he’ll remain available into August and get traded in a waiver deal.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 0
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 16
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 50
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 62
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 30
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)