Jul 31, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
And now FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Blue Jays have entered the mix for Rodriguez.
Rodriguez’s three-year, $34 million contract, which includes a vesting option for 2014 that kicks in due with any trade, is the big stumbling block here, with many suggesting he’s simply not worth the money. Trade talks with the Yankees reportedly broke down over how much cash the Astros would have to pick up.
The way I see it, Rodriguez is worth the $10 million he’s due next year and his $13 milion salary in 2013, but no one should be too eager to both take on the salary and part with any significant talent. Because of the contract, it’s possible he’ll remain available into August and get traded in a waiver deal.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)