Aug 1, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
There was an aborted bail-reduction hearing for one of the suspects in the Bryan Stow case today. But in the course of that hearing the details of the attack, as described by police and the prosecution, were revealed. And it’s pretty awful.
Click through for the complete details, but the suspects allegedly committed at least four separate assaults in that parking lot that day, and went back to Stow and his friends after a brief initial encounter. Stow was apparently sucker punched, instantly lost consciousness, fell and had his hit the concrete with no ability to break his fall whatsoever. He was then kicked in the head multiple times.
Just sickening and terrible and it’s times like these when I wonder how humanity has survived as long as it has.
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 4
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 30
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)