Aug 1, 2011, 3:32 PM EST
There was an aborted bail-reduction hearing for one of the suspects in the Bryan Stow case today. But in the course of that hearing the details of the attack, as described by police and the prosecution, were revealed. And it’s pretty awful.
Click through for the complete details, but the suspects allegedly committed at least four separate assaults in that parking lot that day, and went back to Stow and his friends after a brief initial encounter. Stow was apparently sucker punched, instantly lost consciousness, fell and had his hit the concrete with no ability to break his fall whatsoever. He was then kicked in the head multiple times.
Just sickening and terrible and it’s times like these when I wonder how humanity has survived as long as it has.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)