Aug 1, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
There was an aborted bail-reduction hearing for one of the suspects in the Bryan Stow case today. But in the course of that hearing the details of the attack, as described by police and the prosecution, were revealed. And it’s pretty awful.
Click through for the complete details, but the suspects allegedly committed at least four separate assaults in that parking lot that day, and went back to Stow and his friends after a brief initial encounter. Stow was apparently sucker punched, instantly lost consciousness, fell and had his hit the concrete with no ability to break his fall whatsoever. He was then kicked in the head multiple times.
Just sickening and terrible and it’s times like these when I wonder how humanity has survived as long as it has.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 16
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 57
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)