Aug 1, 2011, 3:32 PM EST
There was an aborted bail-reduction hearing for one of the suspects in the Bryan Stow case today. But in the course of that hearing the details of the attack, as described by police and the prosecution, were revealed. And it’s pretty awful.
Click through for the complete details, but the suspects allegedly committed at least four separate assaults in that parking lot that day, and went back to Stow and his friends after a brief initial encounter. Stow was apparently sucker punched, instantly lost consciousness, fell and had his hit the concrete with no ability to break his fall whatsoever. He was then kicked in the head multiple times.
Just sickening and terrible and it’s times like these when I wonder how humanity has survived as long as it has.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 57
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 22
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)