Aug 1, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
There was an aborted bail-reduction hearing for one of the suspects in the Bryan Stow case today. But in the course of that hearing the details of the attack, as described by police and the prosecution, were revealed. And it’s pretty awful.
Click through for the complete details, but the suspects allegedly committed at least four separate assaults in that parking lot that day, and went back to Stow and his friends after a brief initial encounter. Stow was apparently sucker punched, instantly lost consciousness, fell and had his hit the concrete with no ability to break his fall whatsoever. He was then kicked in the head multiple times.
Just sickening and terrible and it’s times like these when I wonder how humanity has survived as long as it has.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 32
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 9
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)