Aug 1, 2011, 4:35 PM EST
I’ll take “things I missed because I was paying more attention to trades than I was to baseball this weekend” for $500, Alex! From MLB:
Cleveland Indians pitcher Carlos Carrasco has been suspended for six games and fined an undisclosed amount for intentionally throwing a pitch in the head area of Kansas City’s Billy Butler during the top of the fourth inning of his Club’s Friday, July 29th game against the Royals at Progressive Field.
Jered Weaver, that’s your future, dude.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)