Aug 1, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
Really, it was all trades this weekend, and we had you covered like a jimmy hat on that stuff. If you’re simply looking to see who went where, check out the HBT Trade Deadline Tracker, which has all the specifics of all of the deals. If you’re looking for something a touch more in depth, try this:
- The Phillies probably overpaid for Hunter Pence,
- The Tigers called up a top prospect.
- Wang did not rise to the occasion.
- All Derek Holland does is throw shutouts. Or it may be that we simply notice them.
- Why in the hell did the Cubs deem Carlos Pena untouchable?
- A Rich Harden-to-Boston deal fell through. You’ll never guess why.
- Andy Van Slyke rips Colby Rasmus.
- Why didn’t the Yankees get Ubaldo Jimenez?
- Ed Wade got hosed in the Michael Bourn deal. Really, they got hosed.
- The Pirates aren’t pleased at how long it’s taking Derrick Lee to make it to Pittsburgh.
- Manny Banuelos levels-up.
- When Miguel Tejadas attack.
- The new-look Astros are an ugly, ugly bunch.
- It’s becoming clear why the Yankees didn’t make a deal for Wandy Rodriguez.
Now that the trade deadline is over we can all breathe again. You heard me. Breathe.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)