Aug 1, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
Really, it was all trades this weekend, and we had you covered like a jimmy hat on that stuff. If you’re simply looking to see who went where, check out the HBT Trade Deadline Tracker, which has all the specifics of all of the deals. If you’re looking for something a touch more in depth, try this:
- The Phillies probably overpaid for Hunter Pence,
- The Tigers called up a top prospect.
- Wang did not rise to the occasion.
- All Derek Holland does is throw shutouts. Or it may be that we simply notice them.
- Why in the hell did the Cubs deem Carlos Pena untouchable?
- A Rich Harden-to-Boston deal fell through. You’ll never guess why.
- Andy Van Slyke rips Colby Rasmus.
- Why didn’t the Yankees get Ubaldo Jimenez?
- Ed Wade got hosed in the Michael Bourn deal. Really, they got hosed.
- The Pirates aren’t pleased at how long it’s taking Derrick Lee to make it to Pittsburgh.
- Manny Banuelos levels-up.
- When Miguel Tejadas attack.
- The new-look Astros are an ugly, ugly bunch.
- It’s becoming clear why the Yankees didn’t make a deal for Wandy Rodriguez.
Now that the trade deadline is over we can all breathe again. You heard me. Breathe.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)