Aug 1, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Really, it was all trades this weekend, and we had you covered like a jimmy hat on that stuff. If you’re simply looking to see who went where, check out the HBT Trade Deadline Tracker, which has all the specifics of all of the deals. If you’re looking for something a touch more in depth, try this:
- The Phillies probably overpaid for Hunter Pence,
- The Tigers called up a top prospect.
- Wang did not rise to the occasion.
- All Derek Holland does is throw shutouts. Or it may be that we simply notice them.
- Why in the hell did the Cubs deem Carlos Pena untouchable?
- A Rich Harden-to-Boston deal fell through. You’ll never guess why.
- Andy Van Slyke rips Colby Rasmus.
- Why didn’t the Yankees get Ubaldo Jimenez?
- Ed Wade got hosed in the Michael Bourn deal. Really, they got hosed.
- The Pirates aren’t pleased at how long it’s taking Derrick Lee to make it to Pittsburgh.
- Manny Banuelos levels-up.
- When Miguel Tejadas attack.
- The new-look Astros are an ugly, ugly bunch.
- It’s becoming clear why the Yankees didn’t make a deal for Wandy Rodriguez.
Now that the trade deadline is over we can all breathe again. You heard me. Breathe.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)