Aug 1, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Really, it was all trades this weekend, and we had you covered like a jimmy hat on that stuff. If you’re simply looking to see who went where, check out the HBT Trade Deadline Tracker, which has all the specifics of all of the deals. If you’re looking for something a touch more in depth, try this:
- The Phillies probably overpaid for Hunter Pence,
- The Tigers called up a top prospect.
- Wang did not rise to the occasion.
- All Derek Holland does is throw shutouts. Or it may be that we simply notice them.
- Why in the hell did the Cubs deem Carlos Pena untouchable?
- A Rich Harden-to-Boston deal fell through. You’ll never guess why.
- Andy Van Slyke rips Colby Rasmus.
- Why didn’t the Yankees get Ubaldo Jimenez?
- Ed Wade got hosed in the Michael Bourn deal. Really, they got hosed.
- The Pirates aren’t pleased at how long it’s taking Derrick Lee to make it to Pittsburgh.
- Manny Banuelos levels-up.
- When Miguel Tejadas attack.
- The new-look Astros are an ugly, ugly bunch.
- It’s becoming clear why the Yankees didn’t make a deal for Wandy Rodriguez.
Now that the trade deadline is over we can all breathe again. You heard me. Breathe.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)