Aug 1, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Really, it was all trades this weekend, and we had you covered like a jimmy hat on that stuff. If you’re simply looking to see who went where, check out the HBT Trade Deadline Tracker, which has all the specifics of all of the deals. If you’re looking for something a touch more in depth, try this:
- The Phillies probably overpaid for Hunter Pence,
- The Tigers called up a top prospect.
- Wang did not rise to the occasion.
- All Derek Holland does is throw shutouts. Or it may be that we simply notice them.
- Why in the hell did the Cubs deem Carlos Pena untouchable?
- A Rich Harden-to-Boston deal fell through. You’ll never guess why.
- Andy Van Slyke rips Colby Rasmus.
- Why didn’t the Yankees get Ubaldo Jimenez?
- Ed Wade got hosed in the Michael Bourn deal. Really, they got hosed.
- The Pirates aren’t pleased at how long it’s taking Derrick Lee to make it to Pittsburgh.
- Manny Banuelos levels-up.
- When Miguel Tejadas attack.
- The new-look Astros are an ugly, ugly bunch.
- It’s becoming clear why the Yankees didn’t make a deal for Wandy Rodriguez.
Now that the trade deadline is over we can all breathe again. You heard me. Breathe.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11