Aug 1, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
Derek Jeter bruised his finger when he was hit by a pitch yesterday. He’s apparently still sore, so he’s out of tonight’s lineup, replaced by Eduardo “in the 1940s a guy like him would have a nickname” Nunez.
I will now go and contemplate how many players I’d really dedicate a “so and so was scratched from the lineup” post to. I’m guessing five or six.
Viva the East Coast Bias.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)