Aug 1, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
Derek Jeter bruised his finger when he was hit by a pitch yesterday. He’s apparently still sore, so he’s out of tonight’s lineup, replaced by Eduardo “in the 1940s a guy like him would have a nickname” Nunez.
I will now go and contemplate how many players I’d really dedicate a “so and so was scratched from the lineup” post to. I’m guessing five or six.
Viva the East Coast Bias.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)