Aug 1, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
Derek Jeter bruised his finger when he was hit by a pitch yesterday. He’s apparently still sore, so he’s out of tonight’s lineup, replaced by Eduardo “in the 1940s a guy like him would have a nickname” Nunez.
I will now go and contemplate how many players I’d really dedicate a “so and so was scratched from the lineup” post to. I’m guessing five or six.
Viva the East Coast Bias.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit