Aug 1, 2011, 4:46 PM EST
An autopsy has revealed that 27-year-old Robert Seamans had alcohol and marijuana in his system when he fell to his death at Coors Field on May 24.
According to the Associated Press the amount of alcohol found in Seamans’ system was twice the legal limit to drive and the medical examiner’s office deemed the combination of alcohol and marijuana a “significant” factor in his death.
Seamans lost his balance while attempting to slide down a railing and struck his head on the concrete following an estimated 20-foot drop.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 25
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)