Aug 1, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
An autopsy has revealed that 27-year-old Robert Seamans had alcohol and marijuana in his system when he fell to his death at Coors Field on May 24.
According to the Associated Press the amount of alcohol found in Seamans’ system was twice the legal limit to drive and the medical examiner’s office deemed the combination of alcohol and marijuana a “significant” factor in his death.
Seamans lost his balance while attempting to slide down a railing and struck his head on the concrete following an estimated 20-foot drop.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 62
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 88
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)