Aug 1, 2011, 4:46 PM EST
An autopsy has revealed that 27-year-old Robert Seamans had alcohol and marijuana in his system when he fell to his death at Coors Field on May 24.
According to the Associated Press the amount of alcohol found in Seamans’ system was twice the legal limit to drive and the medical examiner’s office deemed the combination of alcohol and marijuana a “significant” factor in his death.
Seamans lost his balance while attempting to slide down a railing and struck his head on the concrete following an estimated 20-foot drop.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 69
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 23
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)