Aug 1, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
An autopsy has revealed that 27-year-old Robert Seamans had alcohol and marijuana in his system when he fell to his death at Coors Field on May 24.
According to the Associated Press the amount of alcohol found in Seamans’ system was twice the legal limit to drive and the medical examiner’s office deemed the combination of alcohol and marijuana a “significant” factor in his death.
Seamans lost his balance while attempting to slide down a railing and struck his head on the concrete following an estimated 20-foot drop.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)