Aug 1, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
An autopsy has revealed that 27-year-old Robert Seamans had alcohol and marijuana in his system when he fell to his death at Coors Field on May 24.
According to the Associated Press the amount of alcohol found in Seamans’ system was twice the legal limit to drive and the medical examiner’s office deemed the combination of alcohol and marijuana a “significant” factor in his death.
Seamans lost his balance while attempting to slide down a railing and struck his head on the concrete following an estimated 20-foot drop.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)