Aug 1, 2011, 2:31 PM EST
We kinda knew this was gonna happen last week when he was designated for assignment, but it’s kind of a bummer anyway: Matt Stairs has been released by the Nationals.
It’s probably retirement/hockey coaching time for Stairs who, at 43, managed only a .154/.257/.169 line with no homers this year. Overall, however, he had a fine career, hitting .262/.356/.477 hitter with 265 homers.
Happy trails, Matt Stairs.
- Rosenthal: Mariners’ offer to Robinson Cano hasn’t topped $200 million 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (131)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)