Aug 1, 2011, 8:16 AM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com is reporting that Clay Buccholz is suffering from a stress fracture in his lower back and that it is unlikely that he’ll be able to pitch again this season.
Erik Bedard looking better now, Red Sox Nation?
McAdam reports that Buchholz, will see a back specialist in Los Angeles today, but that this is second opinion territory. The fracture has already been diagnosed.
Buchholz, who hasn’t pitched since June 15th is 6-3 with a 3.48 ERA on the year. And that looks like it will be his final line.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)