Aug 1, 2011, 8:16 AM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com is reporting that Clay Buccholz is suffering from a stress fracture in his lower back and that it is unlikely that he’ll be able to pitch again this season.
Erik Bedard looking better now, Red Sox Nation?
McAdam reports that Buchholz, will see a back specialist in Los Angeles today, but that this is second opinion territory. The fracture has already been diagnosed.
Buchholz, who hasn’t pitched since June 15th is 6-3 with a 3.48 ERA on the year. And that looks like it will be his final line.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)