Aug 1, 2011, 8:16 AM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com is reporting that Clay Buccholz is suffering from a stress fracture in his lower back and that it is unlikely that he’ll be able to pitch again this season.
Erik Bedard looking better now, Red Sox Nation?
McAdam reports that Buchholz, will see a back specialist in Los Angeles today, but that this is second opinion territory. The fracture has already been diagnosed.
Buchholz, who hasn’t pitched since June 15th is 6-3 with a 3.48 ERA on the year. And that looks like it will be his final line.
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 20
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 16
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)