Aug 2, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
That sounds more serious than it is — Bell’s Palsy is a temporary condition in most cases — but it’s not a malady you hear of all that often with ballplayers. But it got Cliff Pennington during last night’s game, causing him to suffer partial facial paralysis and preventing him from closing his left eye.
Pennington is on medication for it now and is day-to-day. Sometimes steroids are prescribed for it, which would then make Pennington a no-good cheater with little regard for baseball’s rich history (or so I’m told) to I hope it doesn’t come to that.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 7
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 92
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (93)