Aug 2, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
Via Adam Rubin at ESPN New York comes word from Gary Carter’s daughter that Carter has received a quite positive cancer prognosis. You can read his daughter’s extended comments about it at the link. Upshot: tumors shrinking and, in some cases disappearing.
I’m guessing that “tumors are 80% better” is a bit different than what the doctors actually said — it’s not quite like cancer diagnosis/prognosis I’ve heard before — but I think the larger point here is that there is positive news of some kind that really, really has Carter’s family happy, and that’s wonderful.
Here’s hoping the good news continues.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)