Aug 2, 2011, 5:50 PM EST
Via Adam Rubin at ESPN New York comes word from Gary Carter’s daughter that Carter has received a quite positive cancer prognosis. You can read his daughter’s extended comments about it at the link. Upshot: tumors shrinking and, in some cases disappearing.
I’m guessing that “tumors are 80% better” is a bit different than what the doctors actually said — it’s not quite like cancer diagnosis/prognosis I’ve heard before — but I think the larger point here is that there is positive news of some kind that really, really has Carter’s family happy, and that’s wonderful.
Here’s hoping the good news continues.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 7
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 3
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 23
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 87
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)