Aug 2, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
Via Adam Rubin at ESPN New York comes word from Gary Carter’s daughter that Carter has received a quite positive cancer prognosis. You can read his daughter’s extended comments about it at the link. Upshot: tumors shrinking and, in some cases disappearing.
I’m guessing that “tumors are 80% better” is a bit different than what the doctors actually said — it’s not quite like cancer diagnosis/prognosis I’ve heard before — but I think the larger point here is that there is positive news of some kind that really, really has Carter’s family happy, and that’s wonderful.
Here’s hoping the good news continues.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (76)