Aug 2, 2011, 5:50 PM EST
Via Adam Rubin at ESPN New York comes word from Gary Carter’s daughter that Carter has received a quite positive cancer prognosis. You can read his daughter’s extended comments about it at the link. Upshot: tumors shrinking and, in some cases disappearing.
I’m guessing that “tumors are 80% better” is a bit different than what the doctors actually said — it’s not quite like cancer diagnosis/prognosis I’ve heard before — but I think the larger point here is that there is positive news of some kind that really, really has Carter’s family happy, and that’s wonderful.
Here’s hoping the good news continues.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)