Good news for Gary Carter in his fight against cancer

Aug 2, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT

Gary Carter Reuters

Via Adam Rubin at ESPN New York comes word from Gary Carter’s daughter that Carter has received a quite positive cancer prognosis. You can read his daughter’s extended comments about it at the link. Upshot: tumors shrinking and, in some cases disappearing.

I’m guessing that “tumors are 80% better” is a bit different than what the doctors actually said — it’s not quite like cancer diagnosis/prognosis I’ve heard before — but I think the larger point here is that there is positive news of some kind that really, really has Carter’s family happy, and that’s wonderful.

Here’s hoping the good news continues.

1. proudlycanadian - Aug 2, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Thank you Craig for this positive news.

2. natstowngreg - Aug 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Excellent. Best wishes to him.

3. sdelmonte - Aug 2, 2011 at 6:12 PM

He’s still got a long way to go, but this is a very good start for the Kid.

4. SmackSaw - Aug 2, 2011 at 6:21 PM

The Kid was my Grandfather’s paperboy.

GWS!!

5. halladaysbiceps - Aug 2, 2011 at 6:27 PM

What great news. Gary, kick cancer’s ass. When I watched you play, you were a great player and a better human being. Kick the cancer’s ass, Gary!

6. Old Gator - Aug 2, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Hang in there Kid. We’re pulling for you all the way.

7. frankvzappa - Aug 2, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I wonder how much he paid the government for the cure? Or maybe he did it the Rick Simpson proven way…

• Travis Reitsma - Aug 2, 2011 at 8:10 PM

classy

• Old Gator - Aug 2, 2011 at 8:12 PM

You would have made the real Frank Zappa – who was a classy guy as well as a musical genius as opposed to a third class moron like the one who thinks using his name will make him less of a jerk than he is – puke with that comment, lowlife.

• pisano - Aug 2, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Gator, as usual, well said.

• frankvzappa - Aug 2, 2011 at 11:21 PM

People who obviously know nothing at all about Frank Zappa should not speak about anything related to what he may or may not have thought.

• Old Gator - Aug 2, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I knew Zappa and my cousin played with him. I repeat: you would have made him puke.

• frankvzappa - Aug 3, 2011 at 12:09 AM

You realize Zappa made a double album about the fact that the government created AIDS in a laboratory, right? So me suggesting that they have the cure for cancer and are withholding it from the public is different how? Exactly. Don’t talk about things you know nothing about.

• cur68 - Aug 3, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Frank would have kicked your stupid ass. Frank Zappa made people laugh. You are the only person laughing at your dumbass ‘jokes’. Frank wasn’t always right and he wasn’t always funny, but he had class. You are neither, ever, and you don’t either.

• JBerardi - Aug 2, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Or maybe he’s a sane person who trust medical professionals. Crazy, I know…

• nocryinginbaseball07 - Aug 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM

There’s always one. Eeuw.

• frankvzappa - Aug 2, 2011 at 11:23 PM

I give you all a link to a bona fide cure for cancer and all I get is a bunch of thumbs down. You are all so brainwashed it pains me to even contemplate your worldview. Keep cheering on fascism and government secrecy, you all deserve everything that happens to you in the next couple years.

• Old Gator - Aug 2, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Then by all means go on contemplating our worldview, sociopathic trailer trash that your are (or something akin to it). You deserve all the cramps we engender.

8. pisano - Aug 2, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Great news, God bless him.

9. schmedley69 - Aug 2, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Good news. Best of luck, Gary.

10. dirtyharry1971 - Aug 2, 2011 at 10:57 PM

good luck gary, class act all the way.

11. raminaz - Aug 2, 2011 at 11:59 PM

What is it with you “FRANK”? Must all your comments be tied to marijuana? This is an article about a man’s struggle with cancer, nothing more. Get a life!

• koufaxmitzvah - Aug 3, 2011 at 9:15 AM

There is nothing wrong with promoting the fact that marijuana has many beneficial properties. I checked out Frank’s link and it’s interesting. I don’t consider Frank or the link he provided to be a negative perspective of Gary Carter and his fight against cancer.

Hemp and marijuana do many positive things, and the government and their corporate masters don’t want the general public to do anything about it. It’s about money, control, and power.

Chemo is not the best and, therefore, only way to treat cancer. In fact there are many people out there who consider it be an absolute torture on the body and human condition.

• frankvzappa - Aug 3, 2011 at 9:26 AM

thanks koufax, its rare to see an element of sanity around here…

• koufaxmitzvah - Aug 3, 2011 at 10:00 AM

You got to realize, I’m a major pothead. I also used to work with many Alex Jonesians, and while I never truly agreed with them, I got used to their sense of reasoning. However, I do believe that this world and the people who fancy themselves as “running it” are a bit more sinister than run-of-mill folks are willing to realize.

My impressions of your posting problems:

1. No one likes it when folks make less than sincere thoughts about other people’s deaths. Your Irabu comment has lingered (just as Purdueman’s has);

2. On websites like this, folks just want to basically talk baseball. They really don’t want to talk about how the government controls their lives and everything they do. Potentially inflammatory thoughts and theses will be shot down in the name of the Holy Game and its players (especially a man like Gary Carter whom nobody has a reason to dislike);

3. This isn’t the most pot-friendly crowd. There are a few of us here, and we’re willing to convert those who can definitely use a toke and a smile.

12. frankvzappa - Aug 3, 2011 at 12:21 AM

You all strike me as the kind of people that believe Magic Johnson’s wife is right when she says that prayer cured Magic of HIV.

• atworkident - Aug 3, 2011 at 8:22 AM

He probably just asked Chuck Norris for the cure. I don’t believe in the government either but I believe in Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris has the cure for cancer and HIV and I know he would kick your a**.

Roundhouse kick to the chops.

**POW**

13. cur68 - Aug 3, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Gary Cater was one of my heros. He always seemed to be the classiest person on the team and the nicest person when you met him. If anyone can get thru this I sure hope its him. Hang in there Mr. Carter.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (4978)