Aug 2, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT
Quite a scare for the Marlins this evening.
Hanley Ramirez was diagnosed with a left shoulder sprain after leaving tonight’s game against the Mets in the bottom of the sixth inning.
The injury occurred when Ramirez hustled (see what I did there?) toward left field and dove to attempt to catch a ball off the bat of Angel Pagan. He appeared to be in some serious pain as he walked off the field, but the early word from Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post is that he is listed as day-to-day.
Ramirez has an underwhelming .243/.333/.379 batting line and .712 OPS on the year, but he is batting .280 with six homers, 10 doubles and 28 RBI over 44 games since returning from the disabled list in mid-June. He had just 10 extra-base hits over his first 48 games this season.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)