Aug 2, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Hunter Pence is 3 for 14 with an RBI — and the Phillies are undefeated in three games — since he was traded from Houston. That’s great.
He walked up to the plate in Colorado last night having forgotten to take the donut off his bat, however. That’s not so great.
And it’s especially not great given the latest research showing that using weighted donuts in the on-deck circle actually hurts your bat speed!
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 6
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 24
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 57
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 55
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)