Aug 2, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Hunter Pence is 3 for 14 with an RBI — and the Phillies are undefeated in three games — since he was traded from Houston. That’s great.
He walked up to the plate in Colorado last night having forgotten to take the donut off his bat, however. That’s not so great.
And it’s especially not great given the latest research showing that using weighted donuts in the on-deck circle actually hurts your bat speed!
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 10
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)