Aug 2, 2011, 1:33 PM EST
Good stuff from The Common Man at the Platoon Advantage: a trade tree, tracking the late Hideki Irabu’s path in and out of New York, with attention paid to what the Yankees got for him, and the next guy and so on and so on to the present day. Short version: Nick Swisher can trace his Yankees lineage, as it were, to the Irabu trade, as can a lot of other interesting Yankees from the past decade.
Significant or not, tracing back transaction history like this is pretty fun.
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 0
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 24
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)