Aug 2, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
Good stuff from The Common Man at the Platoon Advantage: a trade tree, tracking the late Hideki Irabu’s path in and out of New York, with attention paid to what the Yankees got for him, and the next guy and so on and so on to the present day. Short version: Nick Swisher can trace his Yankees lineage, as it were, to the Irabu trade, as can a lot of other interesting Yankees from the past decade.
Significant or not, tracing back transaction history like this is pretty fun.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 0
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 43
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 11
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (97)