Aug 2, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
Good stuff from The Common Man at the Platoon Advantage: a trade tree, tracking the late Hideki Irabu’s path in and out of New York, with attention paid to what the Yankees got for him, and the next guy and so on and so on to the present day. Short version: Nick Swisher can trace his Yankees lineage, as it were, to the Irabu trade, as can a lot of other interesting Yankees from the past decade.
Significant or not, tracing back transaction history like this is pretty fun.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)