Aug 2, 2011, 1:33 PM EST
Good stuff from The Common Man at the Platoon Advantage: a trade tree, tracking the late Hideki Irabu’s path in and out of New York, with attention paid to what the Yankees got for him, and the next guy and so on and so on to the present day. Short version: Nick Swisher can trace his Yankees lineage, as it were, to the Irabu trade, as can a lot of other interesting Yankees from the past decade.
Significant or not, tracing back transaction history like this is pretty fun.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 19
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 92
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)