Aug 2, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
Good stuff from The Common Man at the Platoon Advantage: a trade tree, tracking the late Hideki Irabu’s path in and out of New York, with attention paid to what the Yankees got for him, and the next guy and so on and so on to the present day. Short version: Nick Swisher can trace his Yankees lineage, as it were, to the Irabu trade, as can a lot of other interesting Yankees from the past decade.
Significant or not, tracing back transaction history like this is pretty fun.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 0
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 14
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 50
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)