Aug 2, 2011, 4:50 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just suspended Jered Weaver for six games and fined him an undisclosed amount for intentionally throwing a pitch at Alex Avila during thebottom of the seventh inning of Sunday’s crazy-fest between the Angels and the Tigers. This is the same punishment that Carlos Carrasco got for throwing at Billy Butler on Friday.
I think it’s too light, by the way. They miss, what, one start? After doing something that could seriously injure someone or even kill them? Sheesh. Weaver can appeal if he wants to, but I hope he just takes his time out like a big boy.
Mike Scioscia was suspended for a game too, as automatically happens in these situations. I’m guessing he wasn’t too happy with Weaver himself, but that’s how it goes. He can’t appeal, so he has to sit out tonight’s game.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)