Aug 2, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Santana’s next scheduled rehab outing has been canceled and he’ll instead be examined by doctors later this week.
Had he avoided any setbacks Santana appeared to be on track to potentially rejoin the Mets’ rotation by mid-August, but that seems highly unlikely now even if the examine reveals no major problems.
There’s zero reason for the Mets to rush him back, so it wouldn’t be surprising if they simply decided to make 2012 the new goal rather than messing around with a few September starts. Santana is owed $55 million over the next two seasons, so Thursday’s trip to the doctor is a big one.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 2
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 1
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 49
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)