Aug 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
The wife and I had our little suburban house built in 2005. There was a five year warranty on masonry work. Porch, brick steps, etc. Five years and three months after moving in, they started to crumble. Because I’m trained in the fine art of being a tremendous pain in the ass, I was able to cajole our builder into fixing it under warranty, but it was still annoying.
Busch Stadium in St. Louis has been open a little over five years. How much you wanna bet that HOK is gonna give the Cardinals the same kind of runaround on this:
Some sidewalks around Busch Stadium were closed this afternoon after a piece of metal trim fell from the stadium.
The 2-foot-by-4-foot piece of black metal trim fell late Monday morning from the west side of the stadium, off South Eighth Street near Spruce Street, and was discovered shortly after noon by a landscaper, according to Ron Watermon, the Cardinals’ director of public relations and civic affairs. No injuries were reported, he said.
Now would be a great time for Cubs fans to make fun of Cardinals fans for playing their home games in a rundown dump.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)