Aug 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
The wife and I had our little suburban house built in 2005. There was a five year warranty on masonry work. Porch, brick steps, etc. Five years and three months after moving in, they started to crumble. Because I’m trained in the fine art of being a tremendous pain in the ass, I was able to cajole our builder into fixing it under warranty, but it was still annoying.
Busch Stadium in St. Louis has been open a little over five years. How much you wanna bet that HOK is gonna give the Cardinals the same kind of runaround on this:
Some sidewalks around Busch Stadium were closed this afternoon after a piece of metal trim fell from the stadium.
The 2-foot-by-4-foot piece of black metal trim fell late Monday morning from the west side of the stadium, off South Eighth Street near Spruce Street, and was discovered shortly after noon by a landscaper, according to Ron Watermon, the Cardinals’ director of public relations and civic affairs. No injuries were reported, he said.
Now would be a great time for Cubs fans to make fun of Cardinals fans for playing their home games in a rundown dump.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)