Aug 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
The wife and I had our little suburban house built in 2005. There was a five year warranty on masonry work. Porch, brick steps, etc. Five years and three months after moving in, they started to crumble. Because I’m trained in the fine art of being a tremendous pain in the ass, I was able to cajole our builder into fixing it under warranty, but it was still annoying.
Busch Stadium in St. Louis has been open a little over five years. How much you wanna bet that HOK is gonna give the Cardinals the same kind of runaround on this:
Some sidewalks around Busch Stadium were closed this afternoon after a piece of metal trim fell from the stadium.
The 2-foot-by-4-foot piece of black metal trim fell late Monday morning from the west side of the stadium, off South Eighth Street near Spruce Street, and was discovered shortly after noon by a landscaper, according to Ron Watermon, the Cardinals’ director of public relations and civic affairs. No injuries were reported, he said.
Now would be a great time for Cubs fans to make fun of Cardinals fans for playing their home games in a rundown dump.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 7
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 159
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 20
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (172)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)