Aug 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
The wife and I had our little suburban house built in 2005. There was a five year warranty on masonry work. Porch, brick steps, etc. Five years and three months after moving in, they started to crumble. Because I’m trained in the fine art of being a tremendous pain in the ass, I was able to cajole our builder into fixing it under warranty, but it was still annoying.
Busch Stadium in St. Louis has been open a little over five years. How much you wanna bet that HOK is gonna give the Cardinals the same kind of runaround on this:
Some sidewalks around Busch Stadium were closed this afternoon after a piece of metal trim fell from the stadium.
The 2-foot-by-4-foot piece of black metal trim fell late Monday morning from the west side of the stadium, off South Eighth Street near Spruce Street, and was discovered shortly after noon by a landscaper, according to Ron Watermon, the Cardinals’ director of public relations and civic affairs. No injuries were reported, he said.
Now would be a great time for Cubs fans to make fun of Cardinals fans for playing their home games in a rundown dump.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)