Aug 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Yesterday we learned that the Yankees are going to use a six-man rotation. That kind of thing never lasts of course, so someone is gonna be the odd man out soon. Matthew suggested that it may be Phil Hughes given his recent struggles. Matthew is probably right about that.
Backing him up: Mark Feinsand of the Daily News, who listened to Joe Girardi talk about the situation last night and suspects that that’s the way he’s leaning. Feinsand is a pretty smart cookie who reads the Yankees tea leaves better than most and he’s usually right about this kind of stuff.
Hughes gets the start tonight. If he’s dazzling, sure, maybe things change. But we haven’t seen a dazzling Phil Hughes for some time.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 0
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)