Aug 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Yesterday we learned that the Yankees are going to use a six-man rotation. That kind of thing never lasts of course, so someone is gonna be the odd man out soon. Matthew suggested that it may be Phil Hughes given his recent struggles. Matthew is probably right about that.
Backing him up: Mark Feinsand of the Daily News, who listened to Joe Girardi talk about the situation last night and suspects that that’s the way he’s leaning. Feinsand is a pretty smart cookie who reads the Yankees tea leaves better than most and he’s usually right about this kind of stuff.
Hughes gets the start tonight. If he’s dazzling, sure, maybe things change. But we haven’t seen a dazzling Phil Hughes for some time.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)