Aug 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Yesterday we learned that the Yankees are going to use a six-man rotation. That kind of thing never lasts of course, so someone is gonna be the odd man out soon. Matthew suggested that it may be Phil Hughes given his recent struggles. Matthew is probably right about that.
Backing him up: Mark Feinsand of the Daily News, who listened to Joe Girardi talk about the situation last night and suspects that that’s the way he’s leaning. Feinsand is a pretty smart cookie who reads the Yankees tea leaves better than most and he’s usually right about this kind of stuff.
Hughes gets the start tonight. If he’s dazzling, sure, maybe things change. But we haven’t seen a dazzling Phil Hughes for some time.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (92)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)