Aug 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Yesterday we learned that the Yankees are going to use a six-man rotation. That kind of thing never lasts of course, so someone is gonna be the odd man out soon. Matthew suggested that it may be Phil Hughes given his recent struggles. Matthew is probably right about that.
Backing him up: Mark Feinsand of the Daily News, who listened to Joe Girardi talk about the situation last night and suspects that that’s the way he’s leaning. Feinsand is a pretty smart cookie who reads the Yankees tea leaves better than most and he’s usually right about this kind of stuff.
Hughes gets the start tonight. If he’s dazzling, sure, maybe things change. But we haven’t seen a dazzling Phil Hughes for some time.
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 10
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 8
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 51
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 95
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)