Aug 2, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
Alex White was a top Indians prospect until the other day. Then he was shipped to the Rockies in the package for Ubaldo Jimenez. A few minutes ago he voiced his pleasure with the move, geographically-speaking:
Denver or Cleveland, Denver or Cleveland? Let’s be honest, ill take Denver. With the exception of a few people.
Look, I’m sure a lot of people would rather live in Denver than Cleveland. But I was also told that if you can’t say something nice about the city which is home to the team that drafted you and gave you $2.25 million to be a part of its future, don’t say anything at all.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 16
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 16
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 25
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)