Aug 2, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Mets fans, prepare to roll your eyes.
After years of seeing short-term plans fail to pan out, a changing of the guard at GM and the launching of a smart plan to shed baggage and contracts and try to align the Mets for a more solid long term footing, culminating in good trades of both Francisco Rodriguez (saved money) and Carlos Beltran (landed a top pitching prospect), Filip Bondy whips this out in this morning’s Daily News:
The Mets’ third straight loss would be of little importance, except the Braves have dropped two in a row and six of 10. There was a small, real chance for the Mets to make a serious wild-card move, if Alderson hadn’t exiled both K-Rod and Carlos Beltran.
I’m convinced that guys like Bondy write their columns via some macro that is activated by pressing the “Ctrl” + “contrary jerk” keys. If the trades hadn’t happened, those same keys would have pinched off a “…while Alderson continues to fiddle while Rome burns …” opus.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)