Aug 2, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Mets fans, prepare to roll your eyes.
After years of seeing short-term plans fail to pan out, a changing of the guard at GM and the launching of a smart plan to shed baggage and contracts and try to align the Mets for a more solid long term footing, culminating in good trades of both Francisco Rodriguez (saved money) and Carlos Beltran (landed a top pitching prospect), Filip Bondy whips this out in this morning’s Daily News:
The Mets’ third straight loss would be of little importance, except the Braves have dropped two in a row and six of 10. There was a small, real chance for the Mets to make a serious wild-card move, if Alderson hadn’t exiled both K-Rod and Carlos Beltran.
I’m convinced that guys like Bondy write their columns via some macro that is activated by pressing the “Ctrl” + “contrary jerk” keys. If the trades hadn’t happened, those same keys would have pinched off a “…while Alderson continues to fiddle while Rome burns …” opus.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)