“The shelf life for making a quick buck on a negative T-shirt about Frank McCourt is probably quickly evaporating”

Aug 2, 2011, 2:30 PM EST

Frankrupt

But the fact that the market existed in the first place is pretty telling.

Bill Shaikin has a story about dudes who have made a dollar or two capitalizing on Dodgers fans’ seemingly bottomless loathing of Frank McCourt.

Not that everyone has made a dollar or two. One guy in the article has sold about 200 shirts while giving away 250 of them to radio guys and bloggers, hoping they’d promote them. ¬†Guess that didn’t work too well.

But don’t give up! ¬†Maybe if you send me one for free it will push you over the top! I’ll even take a picture of myself in it and everything!

1. SmackSaw - Aug 2, 2011 at 2:38 PM

McCourt makes Charlie O. Finley seem reasonable.

2. SmackSaw - Aug 2, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Nobody wants to see Calcaterra in a t-shirt. Dry or otherwise.

• Old Gator - Aug 2, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Well now if he offered to take a photo of Tiffany in a wet one, I dare say any number of us would probably send it his way….

3. koufaxmitzvah - Aug 2, 2011 at 2:43 PM

T-Shirts and bumper stickers built this country.

• mckludge - Aug 2, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Yes, I can still recall that iconic moment, captured on canvas for all eternity, of the Minutemen marching across the battlefield in their “Don’t Tread On Me” T-shirts.

Not to mention the “King George III Sucks!” bumper stickers on the backs of the cannon.

• umrguy42 - Aug 3, 2011 at 10:16 AM

This totally makes me want to set up a not-so-historically accurate recreation, with the minutemen in those tshirts.

4. yankeesgameday - Aug 2, 2011 at 4:13 PM

This is just the basic premuse of “How to Make it in America” on HBO. Art imitating life imitating art in Chavez Ravine. Hmmmmm, I should go pitch that.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester