“The shelf life for making a quick buck on a negative T-shirt about Frank McCourt is probably quickly evaporating”
Aug 2, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
But the fact that the market existed in the first place is pretty telling.
Bill Shaikin has a story about dudes who have made a dollar or two capitalizing on Dodgers fans’ seemingly bottomless loathing of Frank McCourt.
Not that everyone has made a dollar or two. One guy in the article has sold about 200 shirts while giving away 250 of them to radio guys and bloggers, hoping they’d promote them. Guess that didn’t work too well.
But don’t give up! Maybe if you send me one for free it will push you over the top! I’ll even take a picture of myself in it and everything!
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 16
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 11
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 40
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires