“The shelf life for making a quick buck on a negative T-shirt about Frank McCourt is probably quickly evaporating”
Aug 2, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
But the fact that the market existed in the first place is pretty telling.
Bill Shaikin has a story about dudes who have made a dollar or two capitalizing on Dodgers fans’ seemingly bottomless loathing of Frank McCourt.
Not that everyone has made a dollar or two. One guy in the article has sold about 200 shirts while giving away 250 of them to radio guys and bloggers, hoping they’d promote them. Guess that didn’t work too well.
But don’t give up! Maybe if you send me one for free it will push you over the top! I’ll even take a picture of myself in it and everything!
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 7
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 83
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 59
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (77)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)