“The shelf life for making a quick buck on a negative T-shirt about Frank McCourt is probably quickly evaporating”
Aug 2, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
But the fact that the market existed in the first place is pretty telling.
Bill Shaikin has a story about dudes who have made a dollar or two capitalizing on Dodgers fans’ seemingly bottomless loathing of Frank McCourt.
Not that everyone has made a dollar or two. One guy in the article has sold about 200 shirts while giving away 250 of them to radio guys and bloggers, hoping they’d promote them. Guess that didn’t work too well.
But don’t give up! Maybe if you send me one for free it will push you over the top! I’ll even take a picture of myself in it and everything!
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)