“The shelf life for making a quick buck on a negative T-shirt about Frank McCourt is probably quickly evaporating”
Aug 2, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
But the fact that the market existed in the first place is pretty telling.
Bill Shaikin has a story about dudes who have made a dollar or two capitalizing on Dodgers fans’ seemingly bottomless loathing of Frank McCourt.
Not that everyone has made a dollar or two. One guy in the article has sold about 200 shirts while giving away 250 of them to radio guys and bloggers, hoping they’d promote them. Guess that didn’t work too well.
But don’t give up! Maybe if you send me one for free it will push you over the top! I’ll even take a picture of myself in it and everything!
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)