Aug 3, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
I always love it when my two biggest hobbies converge:
Dateline Seattle: ESPN’s Jim Caple reports that a brewery is using maple bats — actual maple bats owned by Seattle Mariners players — to flavor beer. Yes, Caple makes the requisite “at least the bats are being used for something” joke. Given the use of Mariners bats, assumptions are that the beer is weak.
Dateline Cleveland: The Indians are basically taunting me now by holding a four-course bourbon-themed dinner in their Terrace Club. The taunting part is by virtue of the fact that the dinner is next Tuesday, when I’ll be out of state on vacation.
Not so sure about the pairing on that dessert course, though. I learned about Jim Beam new “Devil’s Cut” when I was down in Kentucky back in June. I’m a little dubious. I’d do it for a ballgame, though. But now, sadly, I cannot.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17