Aug 3, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
I always love it when my two biggest hobbies converge:
Dateline Seattle: ESPN’s Jim Caple reports that a brewery is using maple bats — actual maple bats owned by Seattle Mariners players — to flavor beer. Yes, Caple makes the requisite “at least the bats are being used for something” joke. Given the use of Mariners bats, assumptions are that the beer is weak.
Dateline Cleveland: The Indians are basically taunting me now by holding a four-course bourbon-themed dinner in their Terrace Club. The taunting part is by virtue of the fact that the dinner is next Tuesday, when I’ll be out of state on vacation.
Not so sure about the pairing on that dessert course, though. I learned about Jim Beam new “Devil’s Cut” when I was down in Kentucky back in June. I’m a little dubious. I’d do it for a ballgame, though. But now, sadly, I cannot.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 0
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)