Aug 3, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
I always love it when my two biggest hobbies converge:
Dateline Seattle: ESPN’s Jim Caple reports that a brewery is using maple bats — actual maple bats owned by Seattle Mariners players — to flavor beer. Yes, Caple makes the requisite “at least the bats are being used for something” joke. Given the use of Mariners bats, assumptions are that the beer is weak.
Dateline Cleveland: The Indians are basically taunting me now by holding a four-course bourbon-themed dinner in their Terrace Club. The taunting part is by virtue of the fact that the dinner is next Tuesday, when I’ll be out of state on vacation.
Not so sure about the pairing on that dessert course, though. I learned about Jim Beam new “Devil’s Cut” when I was down in Kentucky back in June. I’m a little dubious. I’d do it for a ballgame, though. But now, sadly, I cannot.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)