Aug 3, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Four teams are having a pretty rough go of it right now: the Giants, Mets, Royals and Astros.
What do those four teams have in common? Carlos Beltran.
I hereby recant all of my defenses of Beltran over the years. The man is obviously a selfish clubhouse cancer who doesn’t know how to win.
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 0
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 7
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 58
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 25
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 54
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 161
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (161)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)