Aug 3, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Look, I know that Jason Heyward is having a rough season. And I can understand why, given the fact that he seems to be fragile, that you give him a day off here and there. But can someone explain to me why Fredi Gonzalez is sitting Heyward again today, against a righty, in favor of Jose Constanza?
Heyward may be fighting a terrible sophomore slump, but if the Braves are going to pull out of their little tailspin and get the offense on track and ready to go for what will hopefully be the playoffs, it will be Heyward, not Constanza, who is patrolling right field.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)