Aug 3, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Look, I know that Jason Heyward is having a rough season. And I can understand why, given the fact that he seems to be fragile, that you give him a day off here and there. But can someone explain to me why Fredi Gonzalez is sitting Heyward again today, against a righty, in favor of Jose Constanza?
Heyward may be fighting a terrible sophomore slump, but if the Braves are going to pull out of their little tailspin and get the offense on track and ready to go for what will hopefully be the playoffs, it will be Heyward, not Constanza, who is patrolling right field.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 46
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)