Aug 3, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
Look, I know that Jason Heyward is having a rough season. And I can understand why, given the fact that he seems to be fragile, that you give him a day off here and there. But can someone explain to me why Fredi Gonzalez is sitting Heyward again today, against a righty, in favor of Jose Constanza?
Heyward may be fighting a terrible sophomore slump, but if the Braves are going to pull out of their little tailspin and get the offense on track and ready to go for what will hopefully be the playoffs, it will be Heyward, not Constanza, who is patrolling right field.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 45
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 20
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)