Aug 3, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Look, I know that Jason Heyward is having a rough season. And I can understand why, given the fact that he seems to be fragile, that you give him a day off here and there. But can someone explain to me why Fredi Gonzalez is sitting Heyward again today, against a righty, in favor of Jose Constanza?
Heyward may be fighting a terrible sophomore slump, but if the Braves are going to pull out of their little tailspin and get the offense on track and ready to go for what will hopefully be the playoffs, it will be Heyward, not Constanza, who is patrolling right field.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 0
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 42
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)