Aug 3, 2011, 4:19 PM EDT
From the Associated Press, here’s the latest in a never-ending series of injury updates on Mark Prior:
Yankees right-hander Mark Prior has a bruised left forearm after being hit by a ball during batting practice. The converted reliever was hit by a liner near the wrist on his 20th pitch of a BP session today at the Yankees’ minor league complex.
Since pitching April 18 at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Prior has made just one minor league appearance because of a strained groin and back soreness. He expects to pitch soon in a rookie-level Gulf Coast League game.
Getting injured while rehabbing another injury is the most Mark Prior news in the history of Mark Prior news.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming