Aug 3, 2011, 4:19 PM EDT
From the Associated Press, here’s the latest in a never-ending series of injury updates on Mark Prior:
Yankees right-hander Mark Prior has a bruised left forearm after being hit by a ball during batting practice. The converted reliever was hit by a liner near the wrist on his 20th pitch of a BP session today at the Yankees’ minor league complex.
Since pitching April 18 at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Prior has made just one minor league appearance because of a strained groin and back soreness. He expects to pitch soon in a rookie-level Gulf Coast League game.
Getting injured while rehabbing another injury is the most Mark Prior news in the history of Mark Prior news.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)