Aug 3, 2011, 4:19 PM EDT
From the Associated Press, here’s the latest in a never-ending series of injury updates on Mark Prior:
Yankees right-hander Mark Prior has a bruised left forearm after being hit by a ball during batting practice. The converted reliever was hit by a liner near the wrist on his 20th pitch of a BP session today at the Yankees’ minor league complex.
Since pitching April 18 at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Prior has made just one minor league appearance because of a strained groin and back soreness. He expects to pitch soon in a rookie-level Gulf Coast League game.
Getting injured while rehabbing another injury is the most Mark Prior news in the history of Mark Prior news.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 162
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (162)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)