Aug 3, 2011, 4:19 PM EDT
From the Associated Press, here’s the latest in a never-ending series of injury updates on Mark Prior:
Yankees right-hander Mark Prior has a bruised left forearm after being hit by a ball during batting practice. The converted reliever was hit by a liner near the wrist on his 20th pitch of a BP session today at the Yankees’ minor league complex.
Since pitching April 18 at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Prior has made just one minor league appearance because of a strained groin and back soreness. He expects to pitch soon in a rookie-level Gulf Coast League game.
Getting injured while rehabbing another injury is the most Mark Prior news in the history of Mark Prior news.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)