Aug 3, 2011, 4:19 PM EDT
From the Associated Press, here’s the latest in a never-ending series of injury updates on Mark Prior:
Yankees right-hander Mark Prior has a bruised left forearm after being hit by a ball during batting practice. The converted reliever was hit by a liner near the wrist on his 20th pitch of a BP session today at the Yankees’ minor league complex.
Since pitching April 18 at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Prior has made just one minor league appearance because of a strained groin and back soreness. He expects to pitch soon in a rookie-level Gulf Coast League game.
Getting injured while rehabbing another injury is the most Mark Prior news in the history of Mark Prior news.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (199)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)