Aug 3, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Mark Teixeira homered from both sides of the plate last night. It was the 12th time he has done that in his career, and that’s a record. The previous record was 11 — duh — and until Teixeira’s second homer, he shared it with Eddie Murray and Chili Davis.
Those homers likewise tie Teixeira with Ruben Sierra for sixth place on the all-time home run list for switch hitters, with 306.
Next up: Reggie Smith at 314. Once he gets there, the only ones ahead of him are Chili Davis, Chipper Jones, Eddie Murray and Mickey Mantle.
UPDATE: Oops. Forgot about Berkman, who has 355.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 1
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 176
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (180)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)