Aug 3, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
“He’s been a hell of a pro for a long, long time,” La Russa said. “He’s got all our respect. Does that sound like intrigued?”
Word on the street is that La Russa’s interest in Rhodes only bloomed when someone told him that Tony Fossas turns 54-years-old next month. No word, however, on whether La Russa would actually use Rhodes to pitch or if he just wants him around in case he wants to throw the ball at someone’s back.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (83)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (77)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)