Aug 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Awful run support caused his win-loss record to be ugly, but with a 3.30 ERA in 20 starts Dustin Moseley has been a fantastic pickup for the Padres on a one-year, $900,000 deal.
Unfortunately they won’t get more than 120 innings out of him, as Moseley will undergo season-ending surgery to repair a dislocated shoulder suffered while swinging a bat.
Moseley was hoping to avoid surgery, but doctors told him there was an increased risk for future dislocations unless the capsule was strengthened.
It isn’t a particularly invasive surgery, but Bill Center of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that the recovery timetable is typically 4-6 months. Barring setbacks he should be ready for spring training, although the 30-year-old journeyman may not be guaranteed a spot in the Padres’ rotation.
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 5
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)