Aug 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
Awful run support caused his win-loss record to be ugly, but with a 3.30 ERA in 20 starts Dustin Moseley has been a fantastic pickup for the Padres on a one-year, $900,000 deal.
Unfortunately they won’t get more than 120 innings out of him, as Moseley will undergo season-ending surgery to repair a dislocated shoulder suffered while swinging a bat.
Moseley was hoping to avoid surgery, but doctors told him there was an increased risk for future dislocations unless the capsule was strengthened.
It isn’t a particularly invasive surgery, but Bill Center of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that the recovery timetable is typically 4-6 months. Barring setbacks he should be ready for spring training, although the 30-year-old journeyman may not be guaranteed a spot in the Padres’ rotation.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 18
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 205
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 105
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (205)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)