Aug 3, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Most eyes were on this afternoon’s Cardinals-Brewers game to see if there would be violence and mayhem between the two teams. So far none between them. But Edwin Jackson had best get a restraining order against Casey McGehee and Tony La Russa, because they’re both beating the crap out of him.
As I type, the game is still going on. And Jackson is still pitching despite having given up ten runs on 14 hits in just under seven innings. He has allowed four homers in all, three of which have come off the bat of McGehee. He has thrown 117 pitches, and there is still no sign that the La Russa is going to come from the dugout to rescue him.
Can someone please tell me what the point of having eleventeen relief pitchers on a roster is if you have no intention of using him? Or, for that matter, why Tony La Russa forced a trade of his promising center fielder a few days ago, only to abuse the living hell out of the pitcher he got in return?
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)