Aug 3, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Most eyes were on this afternoon’s Cardinals-Brewers game to see if there would be violence and mayhem between the two teams. So far none between them. But Edwin Jackson had best get a restraining order against Casey McGehee and Tony La Russa, because they’re both beating the crap out of him.
As I type, the game is still going on. And Jackson is still pitching despite having given up ten runs on 14 hits in just under seven innings. He has allowed four homers in all, three of which have come off the bat of McGehee. He has thrown 117 pitches, and there is still no sign that the La Russa is going to come from the dugout to rescue him.
Can someone please tell me what the point of having eleventeen relief pitchers on a roster is if you have no intention of using him? Or, for that matter, why Tony La Russa forced a trade of his promising center fielder a few days ago, only to abuse the living hell out of the pitcher he got in return?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)