Aug 3, 2011, 4:44 PM EST
Most eyes were on this afternoon’s Cardinals-Brewers game to see if there would be violence and mayhem between the two teams. So far none between them. But Edwin Jackson had best get a restraining order against Casey McGehee and Tony La Russa, because they’re both beating the crap out of him.
As I type, the game is still going on. And Jackson is still pitching despite having given up ten runs on 14 hits in just under seven innings. He has allowed four homers in all, three of which have come off the bat of McGehee. He has thrown 117 pitches, and there is still no sign that the La Russa is going to come from the dugout to rescue him.
Can someone please tell me what the point of having eleventeen relief pitchers on a roster is if you have no intention of using him? Or, for that matter, why Tony La Russa forced a trade of his promising center fielder a few days ago, only to abuse the living hell out of the pitcher he got in return?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)