Aug 4, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
I saw Jason Kipnis play here in Columbus last month. I’m no scout and I don’t know what to look for, but he seemed pretty solid. Had a good game anyway, and some dude sitting a few seats down from me was telling his friend that Kipnis was impressive. Works for me!
But whether he’s something special or not, he’s sure been acting like it lately: he homered for the fourth straight game last night, and he’s now six for his last 16, five of those being extra base hits.
So that’s great. Especially when you realize that young guys who burst on the scene like this never, ever fail.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)