Aug 4, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
I saw Jason Kipnis play here in Columbus last month. I’m no scout and I don’t know what to look for, but he seemed pretty solid. Had a good game anyway, and some dude sitting a few seats down from me was telling his friend that Kipnis was impressive. Works for me!
But whether he’s something special or not, he’s sure been acting like it lately: he homered for the fourth straight game last night, and he’s now six for his last 16, five of those being extra base hits.
So that’s great. Especially when you realize that young guys who burst on the scene like this never, ever fail.
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 4
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 133
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 42
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)