Aug 4, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
I saw Jason Kipnis play here in Columbus last month. I’m no scout and I don’t know what to look for, but he seemed pretty solid. Had a good game anyway, and some dude sitting a few seats down from me was telling his friend that Kipnis was impressive. Works for me!
But whether he’s something special or not, he’s sure been acting like it lately: he homered for the fourth straight game last night, and he’s now six for his last 16, five of those being extra base hits.
So that’s great. Especially when you realize that young guys who burst on the scene like this never, ever fail.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 76
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 42
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 24
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)