Aug 4, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
I saw Jason Kipnis play here in Columbus last month. I’m no scout and I don’t know what to look for, but he seemed pretty solid. Had a good game anyway, and some dude sitting a few seats down from me was telling his friend that Kipnis was impressive. Works for me!
But whether he’s something special or not, he’s sure been acting like it lately: he homered for the fourth straight game last night, and he’s now six for his last 16, five of those being extra base hits.
So that’s great. Especially when you realize that young guys who burst on the scene like this never, ever fail.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 1
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 33
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)