Aug 4, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
I saw Jason Kipnis play here in Columbus last month. I’m no scout and I don’t know what to look for, but he seemed pretty solid. Had a good game anyway, and some dude sitting a few seats down from me was telling his friend that Kipnis was impressive. Works for me!
But whether he’s something special or not, he’s sure been acting like it lately: he homered for the fourth straight game last night, and he’s now six for his last 16, five of those being extra base hits.
So that’s great. Especially when you realize that young guys who burst on the scene like this never, ever fail.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)