Aug 4, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
The Gipper’s son, Michael Reagan, throws out the first pitch. I imagine that poor people will be getting tickets too. All that needs to happen is for rich people to be given free tickets, and by some sort of economic mechanism they will be distributed to the poor. Can’t just give the poor people tickets, though. That would be socialism.
OK, I kid the conservatives. I grew up in the Reagan years and I remember them fondly. Policies matter the most, but I do believe that there is something to the whole national mood thing that is important, and Reagan really did shake us out of a pretty severe national funk, so I’m not gonna hate on the guy.
Besides, I infer that conservatives don’t like him anymore either given that he raised taxes and presided over a tremendous expansion of government spending and was quite active in opposing bigotry against homosexuals and stuff that conservatives really don’t much care for anymore. So, hey, maybe no one should go to the Cubs game on Saturday?
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 19
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 128
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (129)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)