Aug 4, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
The Gipper’s son, Michael Reagan, throws out the first pitch. I imagine that poor people will be getting tickets too. All that needs to happen is for rich people to be given free tickets, and by some sort of economic mechanism they will be distributed to the poor. Can’t just give the poor people tickets, though. That would be socialism.
OK, I kid the conservatives. I grew up in the Reagan years and I remember them fondly. Policies matter the most, but I do believe that there is something to the whole national mood thing that is important, and Reagan really did shake us out of a pretty severe national funk, so I’m not gonna hate on the guy.
Besides, I infer that conservatives don’t like him anymore either given that he raised taxes and presided over a tremendous expansion of government spending and was quite active in opposing bigotry against homosexuals and stuff that conservatives really don’t much care for anymore. So, hey, maybe no one should go to the Cubs game on Saturday?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 16
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 9
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 18
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)