Aug 4, 2011, 3:06 PM EST
The Gipper’s son, Michael Reagan, throws out the first pitch. I imagine that poor people will be getting tickets too. All that needs to happen is for rich people to be given free tickets, and by some sort of economic mechanism they will be distributed to the poor. Can’t just give the poor people tickets, though. That would be socialism.
OK, I kid the conservatives. I grew up in the Reagan years and I remember them fondly. Policies matter the most, but I do believe that there is something to the whole national mood thing that is important, and Reagan really did shake us out of a pretty severe national funk, so I’m not gonna hate on the guy.
Besides, I infer that conservatives don’t like him anymore either given that he raised taxes and presided over a tremendous expansion of government spending and was quite active in opposing bigotry against homosexuals and stuff that conservatives really don’t much care for anymore. So, hey, maybe no one should go to the Cubs game on Saturday?
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)