Aug 4, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
The Gipper’s son, Michael Reagan, throws out the first pitch. I imagine that poor people will be getting tickets too. All that needs to happen is for rich people to be given free tickets, and by some sort of economic mechanism they will be distributed to the poor. Can’t just give the poor people tickets, though. That would be socialism.
OK, I kid the conservatives. I grew up in the Reagan years and I remember them fondly. Policies matter the most, but I do believe that there is something to the whole national mood thing that is important, and Reagan really did shake us out of a pretty severe national funk, so I’m not gonna hate on the guy.
Besides, I infer that conservatives don’t like him anymore either given that he raised taxes and presided over a tremendous expansion of government spending and was quite active in opposing bigotry against homosexuals and stuff that conservatives really don’t much care for anymore. So, hey, maybe no one should go to the Cubs game on Saturday?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)