Aug 4, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
If we’re going to dwell on it when he’s struggling fairness dictates that we note it when he rakes: Derek Jeter raked last night, singling four times, doubling once and driving in two runs. He’s now batting .333 with an OPS over .800 since he came off the disabled list with that calf injury.
Is back to being all-everything captain Jetes? Nah, because the world doesn’t work that way and time takes its toll on us all. But in a league where good shortstops are hard to come by, Jeter has shown over the past month that he still belongs and still has something to give a championship caliber team.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)