Aug 4, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
If we’re going to dwell on it when he’s struggling fairness dictates that we note it when he rakes: Derek Jeter raked last night, singling four times, doubling once and driving in two runs. He’s now batting .333 with an OPS over .800 since he came off the disabled list with that calf injury.
Is back to being all-everything captain Jetes? Nah, because the world doesn’t work that way and time takes its toll on us all. But in a league where good shortstops are hard to come by, Jeter has shown over the past month that he still belongs and still has something to give a championship caliber team.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)