Aug 4, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
If we’re going to dwell on it when he’s struggling fairness dictates that we note it when he rakes: Derek Jeter raked last night, singling four times, doubling once and driving in two runs. He’s now batting .333 with an OPS over .800 since he came off the disabled list with that calf injury.
Is back to being all-everything captain Jetes? Nah, because the world doesn’t work that way and time takes its toll on us all. But in a league where good shortstops are hard to come by, Jeter has shown over the past month that he still belongs and still has something to give a championship caliber team.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 92
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 64
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)