Aug 4, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
If we’re going to dwell on it when he’s struggling fairness dictates that we note it when he rakes: Derek Jeter raked last night, singling four times, doubling once and driving in two runs. He’s now batting .333 with an OPS over .800 since he came off the disabled list with that calf injury.
Is back to being all-everything captain Jetes? Nah, because the world doesn’t work that way and time takes its toll on us all. But in a league where good shortstops are hard to come by, Jeter has shown over the past month that he still belongs and still has something to give a championship caliber team.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 5
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (77)