Aug 4, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
If we’re going to dwell on it when he’s struggling fairness dictates that we note it when he rakes: Derek Jeter raked last night, singling four times, doubling once and driving in two runs. He’s now batting .333 with an OPS over .800 since he came off the disabled list with that calf injury.
Is back to being all-everything captain Jetes? Nah, because the world doesn’t work that way and time takes its toll on us all. But in a league where good shortstops are hard to come by, Jeter has shown over the past month that he still belongs and still has something to give a championship caliber team.
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 62
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 39
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 39
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)