Aug 4, 2011, 9:24 PM EDT
Morneau has been out of commission since undergoing surgery on his neck near the end of June. He’s also still regaining strength from the several months that he lost to a concussion.
The 30-year-old native of British Columbia was batting just .225 with a .619 OPS, four home runs and 21 RBI in 231 plate appearances before the neck problems landed him on the disabled list and eventually the surgeon’s table.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)