Better call Shields and Price

Aug 5, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT

Shields and Price.bmp

The MLB Fan Cave has a funny. I just wish Rich Harden was in it so that they could start it out with the classic “are you injured?”

Oh, and I kind of have a thing for that Alice McGinity person who shows up near the end of the video.  She has a Kelly Macdonald thing going on. An, um, I kind of like the Kelly Macdonald thing.

1. cur68 - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I sure hope Alex Anthopolous is paying some attention here. Oh for another starter…

2. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Question for HBT community: At this moment in the season, with current rosters, which team do you believe has the best 1-2-3 starters in the MLB?

I have my answer already, but will wait for some others to chime in.

• JBerardi - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Phillies, clearly. Anyone who says otherwise needs their head examined.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Thought this would be the first response and it was. Top three? Who is number three? Oswalt has been injured so doesn’t count. Worley?

• Alex K - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Halladay, Lee, Hamels. Hamels has been great.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Oh yeah duh. Hamels somehow wasn’t in my brain. Yeah I guess that makes the answer obvious.

• kopy - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Halladay, Lee, and Hamels.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Close second recently has gotta be Weaver, Haren, Santana. Santana has quietly (until the no-no) been dominating the last 1.5 months.

• kopy - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Runner up would probably be, for me, Weaver, Haren, and Santana. A lot of good 1-2 punches out there, but the Angels have 3 very solid starters.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Damn those Phillies are kinda annoyingly good aren’t they? Even with the second best record in the NL, the Bravos are 8.5 back. Yikes!

• Alex K - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:52 AM

The Giants are pretty good, too. Timmy, Cain, and MadBum (or Vogelsong, but he doesn’t miss enough bats for me).

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM

It has to be the Phillies doesn’t it?

xFIP:
        1. Halladay
        2. Lee
        4. Hamels

FIP:
        1. Halladay
        4. Hamels
        8. Lee

Angels are the only people with 2 in the top 10 of FIP, let alone 3 in top 8.

• cur68 - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I can tell you who it isn’t…

3. kopy - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Alright, I’ll just stop trying. Everyone is stealing my thoughts when I’m typing and it’s just not fun anymore :(

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 5, 2011 at 10:51 AM

What’s is messed up is I’m actually stealing your thoughts, it’s not a coincidence.

4. halladaysbiceps - Aug 5, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Did anyone see the MLB Fan Cave interview with Chase Utley when the Phillies were in New York a couple of weeks ago? I swear, they got Chase to say more in a few minutes than he says all year. Chase is the quite leader who leads with his play on the field, not his mouth.

• pmcenroe - Aug 5, 2011 at 11:59 AM

lol this comment totally reminded me of this

• halladaysbiceps - Aug 5, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Lol!!! I never saw that. Man, that dude really had a man crush on Chase and his hair.

Speaking of Utley’s Hair, where has he been? I haven’t seen him posting lately. Maybe on vacation?

5. aceshigh11 - Aug 5, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I cannot believe it.

David Price is BALD?

• Alex K - Aug 5, 2011 at 12:15 PM

As a thin haired 28 year old I feel his pain. Buzz cuts can be a guys best friend.

• aceshigh11 - Aug 5, 2011 at 12:40 PM

LOL, same here. I’m 32 with a rapidly receding hairline. I’m going for the old buzzcut VERY soon.

• Alex K - Aug 5, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Just do it. Your life will be better for it. If it’s really thin up top and you want to hide that a bit buzz the top part a little longer than the sides and back. Me? I just go same length all around, much easier to do. Also, I haven’t paid for a haircut in years!

6. Chipmaker - Aug 5, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Those graphics are awful. They’re probably supposed to be awful, though, so they nailed it. Those graphics would have been awful in the 1970s.

• purnellmeagrejr - Aug 5, 2011 at 4:13 PM

exactly, parody.

7. purnellmeagrejr - Aug 5, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I’m glad those guys took the time to have some creative fun; I watched the whole thing and enjoyed it.

Three legends off to Cooperstown