Aug 5, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
Cardinals third baseman David Freese was hit on the side of the head by a pitch from Clay Hensley during last night’s game. It clearly wasn’t intentional, as the HBP came with the bases loaded and drove in the go-ahead run for the Cardinals, but someone should probably ask Tony La Russa what he thought about it.
Freese walked off under his own power and seemed to me more or less OK afterward, but he has been diagnosed with a mild concussion and head contusion, so it looks like the seven-day disabled list is in his future.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15