Aug 5, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Cardinals third baseman David Freese was hit on the side of the head by a pitch from Clay Hensley during last night’s game. It clearly wasn’t intentional, as the HBP came with the bases loaded and drove in the go-ahead run for the Cardinals, but someone should probably ask Tony La Russa what he thought about it.
Freese walked off under his own power and seemed to me more or less OK afterward, but he has been diagnosed with a mild concussion and head contusion, so it looks like the seven-day disabled list is in his future.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)