Aug 5, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Cardinals third baseman David Freese was hit on the side of the head by a pitch from Clay Hensley during last night’s game. It clearly wasn’t intentional, as the HBP came with the bases loaded and drove in the go-ahead run for the Cardinals, but someone should probably ask Tony La Russa what he thought about it.
Freese walked off under his own power and seemed to me more or less OK afterward, but he has been diagnosed with a mild concussion and head contusion, so it looks like the seven-day disabled list is in his future.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)