Aug 5, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Cardinals third baseman David Freese was hit on the side of the head by a pitch from Clay Hensley during last night’s game. It clearly wasn’t intentional, as the HBP came with the bases loaded and drove in the go-ahead run for the Cardinals, but someone should probably ask Tony La Russa what he thought about it.
Freese walked off under his own power and seemed to me more or less OK afterward, but he has been diagnosed with a mild concussion and head contusion, so it looks like the seven-day disabled list is in his future.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris