Aug 5, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
There’s no “I” in “team,” but there is in “RBI” and “Ortiz.”
As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports, David Ortiz burst into Terry Francona’s media session before yesterday’s game, hopping mad that an official scorer’s decision was reversed from Wednesday night’s game, depriving him of an RBI he thought he had. There’s heavily-bleeped video of the incident at the link, but Haggerty wrote it down:
“[Bleepin’] scorekeeper always [bleepin’] [bleep] up”
I’m guessing nothing comes of this at all. But I do wonder what the reaction would be if it was Alex Rodriguez or Carlos Beltran or some other guy the media likes to get on for being selfish steaming over an RBI being taken away from him.
UPDATE: Now some people are telling me that this was a joke, though they’re not 100% clear, as it’s all sort of playing out on Boston talk radio today. If it was a joke, fine, ya got me. I’d expect fewer F-bombs in that kind of a joke in front of cameras and reporters and stuff, but everyone rolls differently.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 40
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (140)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)