Aug 5, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
There’s no “I” in “team,” but there is in “RBI” and “Ortiz.”
As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports, David Ortiz burst into Terry Francona’s media session before yesterday’s game, hopping mad that an official scorer’s decision was reversed from Wednesday night’s game, depriving him of an RBI he thought he had. There’s heavily-bleeped video of the incident at the link, but Haggerty wrote it down:
“[Bleepin’] scorekeeper always [bleepin’] [bleep] up”
I’m guessing nothing comes of this at all. But I do wonder what the reaction would be if it was Alex Rodriguez or Carlos Beltran or some other guy the media likes to get on for being selfish steaming over an RBI being taken away from him.
UPDATE: Now some people are telling me that this was a joke, though they’re not 100% clear, as it’s all sort of playing out on Boston talk radio today. If it was a joke, fine, ya got me. I’d expect fewer F-bombs in that kind of a joke in front of cameras and reporters and stuff, but everyone rolls differently.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)