Aug 5, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
There’s no “I” in “team,” but there is in “RBI” and “Ortiz.”
As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports, David Ortiz burst into Terry Francona’s media session before yesterday’s game, hopping mad that an official scorer’s decision was reversed from Wednesday night’s game, depriving him of an RBI he thought he had. There’s heavily-bleeped video of the incident at the link, but Haggerty wrote it down:
“[Bleepin’] scorekeeper always [bleepin’] [bleep] up”
I’m guessing nothing comes of this at all. But I do wonder what the reaction would be if it was Alex Rodriguez or Carlos Beltran or some other guy the media likes to get on for being selfish steaming over an RBI being taken away from him.
UPDATE: Now some people are telling me that this was a joke, though they’re not 100% clear, as it’s all sort of playing out on Boston talk radio today. If it was a joke, fine, ya got me. I’d expect fewer F-bombs in that kind of a joke in front of cameras and reporters and stuff, but everyone rolls differently.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)