Aug 5, 2011, 9:34 PM EDT
UPDATE: Here’s the latest update from the Rockies:
Juan Nicasio is at a local hospital resting and undergoing tests after being struck on the right side of the head.
9:34 PM: Very scary moment in Denver.
Juan Nicasio left tonight’s game against the Nationals in the top of the second inning after being struck in the right side of his head by a comebacker off the bat of Ian Desmond.
Nicasio immediately fell to the ground and was lying on his back with very little movement while medical personnel prepared to load him on a stretcher. He eventually moved his hands while his neck was being stabilized. The young right-hander was then strapped into a stretcher and moved off the field on a golf cart.
Nicasio, 25, made his major league debut in May and has a 4.08 ERA over his first 13 major league starts.
We’ll pass along more information on his status when we get it.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)