Aug 5, 2011, 9:34 PM EDT
UPDATE: Here’s the latest update from the Rockies:
Juan Nicasio is at a local hospital resting and undergoing tests after being struck on the right side of the head.
9:34 PM: Very scary moment in Denver.
Juan Nicasio left tonight’s game against the Nationals in the top of the second inning after being struck in the right side of his head by a comebacker off the bat of Ian Desmond.
Nicasio immediately fell to the ground and was lying on his back with very little movement while medical personnel prepared to load him on a stretcher. He eventually moved his hands while his neck was being stabilized. The young right-hander was then strapped into a stretcher and moved off the field on a golf cart.
Nicasio, 25, made his major league debut in May and has a 4.08 ERA over his first 13 major league starts.
We’ll pass along more information on his status when we get it.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)