Aug 5, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Matt Stairs’ most notable moment was almost certainly his homer in Game 4 of the 2008 NLCS. But the guy played for so long and for so many different teams that he pretty much saw and did it all in his major league career.
Over at The Hardball Times today, Chris Jaffe collects some of the neat, weird and wonderful of Matt Stairs’ career.
Did you know he had six RBI in one inning once? Or that he once played second base (only once)? If not, and if that intrigues you, give Chris’ piece a click. Time well spent.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)