Aug 5, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Matt Stairs’ most notable moment was almost certainly his homer in Game 4 of the 2008 NLCS. But the guy played for so long and for so many different teams that he pretty much saw and did it all in his major league career.
Over at The Hardball Times today, Chris Jaffe collects some of the neat, weird and wonderful of Matt Stairs’ career.
Did you know he had six RBI in one inning once? Or that he once played second base (only once)? If not, and if that intrigues you, give Chris’ piece a click. Time well spent.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)