Aug 5, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Matt Stairs’ most notable moment was almost certainly his homer in Game 4 of the 2008 NLCS. But the guy played for so long and for so many different teams that he pretty much saw and did it all in his major league career.
Over at The Hardball Times today, Chris Jaffe collects some of the neat, weird and wonderful of Matt Stairs’ career.
Did you know he had six RBI in one inning once? Or that he once played second base (only once)? If not, and if that intrigues you, give Chris’ piece a click. Time well spent.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 0
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 54
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)