Aug 5, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Matt Stairs’ most notable moment was almost certainly his homer in Game 4 of the 2008 NLCS. But the guy played for so long and for so many different teams that he pretty much saw and did it all in his major league career.
Over at The Hardball Times today, Chris Jaffe collects some of the neat, weird and wonderful of Matt Stairs’ career.
Did you know he had six RBI in one inning once? Or that he once played second base (only once)? If not, and if that intrigues you, give Chris’ piece a click. Time well spent.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (81)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (75)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (73)