Aug 5, 2011, 11:34 AM EST
Matt Stairs’ most notable moment was almost certainly his homer in Game 4 of the 2008 NLCS. But the guy played for so long and for so many different teams that he pretty much saw and did it all in his major league career.
Over at The Hardball Times today, Chris Jaffe collects some of the neat, weird and wonderful of Matt Stairs’ career.
Did you know he had six RBI in one inning once? Or that he once played second base (only once)? If not, and if that intrigues you, give Chris’ piece a click. Time well spent.
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Jonson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 0
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 99
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 33
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)