Aug 6, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
Barring a last-minute setback Carlos Gonzalez is slated to be in the Rockies’ lineup tonight, returning from the disabled list a day earlier than expected after sitting out the past three weeks with a wrist injury.
Gonzalez went 3-for-10 on a brief rehab assignment at Triple-A and manager Jim Tracy told Nick Kosmider of MLB.com that he’ll resume starting in right field after seeing significant action in center field prior to the injury because Dexter Fowler was in the minors.
His return comes too late to save the Rockies’ season, but hopefully Gonzalez can pick up right where he left off before the DL stint. He bounced back from a slow start to hit .324 with 12 homers over a 58-game stretch, boosting his OPS from .647 to .849.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)