Aug 6, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
Barring a last-minute setback Carlos Gonzalez is slated to be in the Rockies’ lineup tonight, returning from the disabled list a day earlier than expected after sitting out the past three weeks with a wrist injury.
Gonzalez went 3-for-10 on a brief rehab assignment at Triple-A and manager Jim Tracy told Nick Kosmider of MLB.com that he’ll resume starting in right field after seeing significant action in center field prior to the injury because Dexter Fowler was in the minors.
His return comes too late to save the Rockies’ season, but hopefully Gonzalez can pick up right where he left off before the DL stint. He bounced back from a slow start to hit .324 with 12 homers over a 58-game stretch, boosting his OPS from .647 to .849.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 10
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)