Aug 6, 2011, 11:43 AM EST
Barring a last-minute setback Carlos Gonzalez is slated to be in the Rockies’ lineup tonight, returning from the disabled list a day earlier than expected after sitting out the past three weeks with a wrist injury.
Gonzalez went 3-for-10 on a brief rehab assignment at Triple-A and manager Jim Tracy told Nick Kosmider of MLB.com that he’ll resume starting in right field after seeing significant action in center field prior to the injury because Dexter Fowler was in the minors.
His return comes too late to save the Rockies’ season, but hopefully Gonzalez can pick up right where he left off before the DL stint. He bounced back from a slow start to hit .324 with 12 homers over a 58-game stretch, boosting his OPS from .647 to .849.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 201
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (196)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)