Aug 6, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
Barring a last-minute setback Carlos Gonzalez is slated to be in the Rockies’ lineup tonight, returning from the disabled list a day earlier than expected after sitting out the past three weeks with a wrist injury.
Gonzalez went 3-for-10 on a brief rehab assignment at Triple-A and manager Jim Tracy told Nick Kosmider of MLB.com that he’ll resume starting in right field after seeing significant action in center field prior to the injury because Dexter Fowler was in the minors.
His return comes too late to save the Rockies’ season, but hopefully Gonzalez can pick up right where he left off before the DL stint. He bounced back from a slow start to hit .324 with 12 homers over a 58-game stretch, boosting his OPS from .647 to .849.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)