Aug 6, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
Barring a last-minute setback Carlos Gonzalez is slated to be in the Rockies’ lineup tonight, returning from the disabled list a day earlier than expected after sitting out the past three weeks with a wrist injury.
Gonzalez went 3-for-10 on a brief rehab assignment at Triple-A and manager Jim Tracy told Nick Kosmider of MLB.com that he’ll resume starting in right field after seeing significant action in center field prior to the injury because Dexter Fowler was in the minors.
His return comes too late to save the Rockies’ season, but hopefully Gonzalez can pick up right where he left off before the DL stint. He bounced back from a slow start to hit .324 with 12 homers over a 58-game stretch, boosting his OPS from .647 to .849.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)