Aug 6, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
Jones avoided the disabled list and made four appearances as a pinch-hitter, going 0-for-4 with a strikeout, but he’s playing third base and batting fifth against the Mets. Mark Bowman of MLB.com notes that 2005 was the last time Jones batted as low as fifth in the order. And that only lasted a week.
Martin Prado and Brooks Conrad shared time at third base in Jones’ absence, so tonight Prado shifts back to the outfield and the slumping Jason Heyward is a healthy scratch while Jose Constanza starts over him in right field.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)