Aug 6, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Desmond’s comebacker hit Nicasio on the right side of his head, instantly knocking him to the ground. He was carted off the field on a stretcher, but was able to move his limbs and according to the Associated Press today’s surgery was “to stabilize a fracture.”
We’ll have further updates as more information is known about Nicasio’s status.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17