Aug 7, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
Headley taped the finger and was able to stay in the game, but he is not in the San Diego lineup on Sunday afternoon and the Padres aren’t guessing when he might be able to return. It’s possible that he will eventually wind up on the 15-day disabled list.
Headley, 27, is batting .292/.380/.407 this season with four home runs and 43 RBI. He leads the Friars in hits (107), doubles (28) and walks (51).
Logan Forsythe is handling the hot corner in Sunday’s series finale against Pittsburgh.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)