Aug 7, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
Headley taped the finger and was able to stay in the game, but he is not in the San Diego lineup on Sunday afternoon and the Padres aren’t guessing when he might be able to return. It’s possible that he will eventually wind up on the 15-day disabled list.
Headley, 27, is batting .292/.380/.407 this season with four home runs and 43 RBI. He leads the Friars in hits (107), doubles (28) and walks (51).
Logan Forsythe is handling the hot corner in Sunday’s series finale against Pittsburgh.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 4
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 51
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)