Aug 7, 2011, 5:02 PM EST
Headley taped the finger and was able to stay in the game, but he is not in the San Diego lineup on Sunday afternoon and the Padres aren’t guessing when he might be able to return. It’s possible that he will eventually wind up on the 15-day disabled list.
Headley, 27, is batting .292/.380/.407 this season with four home runs and 43 RBI. He leads the Friars in hits (107), doubles (28) and walks (51).
Logan Forsythe is handling the hot corner in Sunday’s series finale against Pittsburgh.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)