Aug 7, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Yes, the same hamstring that sent him to the disabled list for over two weeks in July.
Reyes is likely to rest for the next couple of days no matter the severity of the renewed discomfort, and he might need a couple more weeks off if Mets trainers deduce that he suffered another strain.
The 28-year-old impending free agent is batting .336/.377/.507 with five home runs, 16 triples, 34 stolen bases and 80 runs scored through 98 games this season. He was 0-for-1 before making his early exit Sunday.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)