Aug 7, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Yes, the same hamstring that sent him to the disabled list for over two weeks in July.
Reyes is likely to rest for the next couple of days no matter the severity of the renewed discomfort, and he might need a couple more weeks off if Mets trainers deduce that he suffered another strain.
The 28-year-old impending free agent is batting .336/.377/.507 with five home runs, 16 triples, 34 stolen bases and 80 runs scored through 98 games this season. He was 0-for-1 before making his early exit Sunday.
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 15
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (110)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)