Aug 7, 2011, 2:24 PM EST
Yes, the same hamstring that sent him to the disabled list for over two weeks in July.
Reyes is likely to rest for the next couple of days no matter the severity of the renewed discomfort, and he might need a couple more weeks off if Mets trainers deduce that he suffered another strain.
The 28-year-old impending free agent is batting .336/.377/.507 with five home runs, 16 triples, 34 stolen bases and 80 runs scored through 98 games this season. He was 0-for-1 before making his early exit Sunday.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 131
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 64
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (132)