Aug 7, 2011, 2:24 PM EST
Yes, the same hamstring that sent him to the disabled list for over two weeks in July.
Reyes is likely to rest for the next couple of days no matter the severity of the renewed discomfort, and he might need a couple more weeks off if Mets trainers deduce that he suffered another strain.
The 28-year-old impending free agent is batting .336/.377/.507 with five home runs, 16 triples, 34 stolen bases and 80 runs scored through 98 games this season. He was 0-for-1 before making his early exit Sunday.
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 4
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 160
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (160)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)