Aug 7, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Yes, the same hamstring that sent him to the disabled list for over two weeks in July.
Reyes is likely to rest for the next couple of days no matter the severity of the renewed discomfort, and he might need a couple more weeks off if Mets trainers deduce that he suffered another strain.
The 28-year-old impending free agent is batting .336/.377/.507 with five home runs, 16 triples, 34 stolen bases and 80 runs scored through 98 games this season. He was 0-for-1 before making his early exit Sunday.
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 12
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 19
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)