Aug 7, 2011, 9:41 AM EDT
According to Maureen Mullen of CSNNE.com, veteran right-hander Kevin Millwood cleaned out his locker at Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday and has suddenly left the Red Sox organization.
Millwood signed a minor league contract with Boston in the middle of May after opting out of a similar pact with the Yankees. He was hoping that the Red Sox would allow him quicker passage to the major leagues, but May turned to June and June turned to July. And now it’s August. Still no promotion.
Millwood, 36, will likely aim to sign another minor league deal with a different team. He has posted a 4.32 ERA and 76/31 K/BB ratio in 89 2/3 innings this year in the minors, primarily at the Triple-A level.
Millwood finished 4-16 with a 5.10 ERA and 1.51 WHIP over 31 starts for the Orioles last season.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)