Aug 8, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
According to Francona “he got really sick, I mean, really sick” and “they ended up having to keep him in the hospital for three days.”
Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal reports that Jenks underwent a colonoscopy and writes that “the stomach bug has set Jenks back even farther” as he tries to come off the DL for the third time this season. Signed to a two-year, $12 million deal as a free agent this offseason, Jenks has thrown just 16 innings with a 6.32 ERA.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 34
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'