Aug 8, 2011, 7:12 PM EDT
Bryan Stow’s family passed along some good news on the Giants fan who’s been hospitalized since a brutal beating at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day, posting the following statement on their official website:
Yesterday we got the most response from Bry to date. He lifted his left leg slightly when asked, he raised his left arm everytime we asked if we could hold his hand, and the best part? Bonnie asked Bryan if she could have a kiss and every time she asked him, he puckered his lips. The final time when she was leaving, Bonnie asked again for a kiss. Bry turned his head towards her, puckered his lips for the kiss, then turned his head back. The nurse was shocked and excited to see that!
Last week’s procedure to remove excess spinal fluid is believed to have led to the increased responsiveness, which is great to hear.
Meanwhile, the two men charged with Stow’s beating, Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, are scheduled to be arraigned on August 10.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)