Aug 8, 2011, 7:12 PM EDT
Bryan Stow’s family passed along some good news on the Giants fan who’s been hospitalized since a brutal beating at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day, posting the following statement on their official website:
Yesterday we got the most response from Bry to date. He lifted his left leg slightly when asked, he raised his left arm everytime we asked if we could hold his hand, and the best part? Bonnie asked Bryan if she could have a kiss and every time she asked him, he puckered his lips. The final time when she was leaving, Bonnie asked again for a kiss. Bry turned his head towards her, puckered his lips for the kiss, then turned his head back. The nurse was shocked and excited to see that!
Last week’s procedure to remove excess spinal fluid is believed to have led to the increased responsiveness, which is great to hear.
Meanwhile, the two men charged with Stow’s beating, Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, are scheduled to be arraigned on August 10.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)