Aug 8, 2011, 7:12 PM EST
Bryan Stow’s family passed along some good news on the Giants fan who’s been hospitalized since a brutal beating at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day, posting the following statement on their official website:
Yesterday we got the most response from Bry to date. He lifted his left leg slightly when asked, he raised his left arm everytime we asked if we could hold his hand, and the best part? Bonnie asked Bryan if she could have a kiss and every time she asked him, he puckered his lips. The final time when she was leaving, Bonnie asked again for a kiss. Bry turned his head towards her, puckered his lips for the kiss, then turned his head back. The nurse was shocked and excited to see that!
Last week’s procedure to remove excess spinal fluid is believed to have led to the increased responsiveness, which is great to hear.
Meanwhile, the two men charged with Stow’s beating, Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, are scheduled to be arraigned on August 10.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27