Bryan Stow shows progress, moving limbs on command

Aug 8, 2011, 7:12 PM EDT

Giants Fan Attacked AP

Bryan Stow’s family passed along some good news on the Giants fan who’s been hospitalized since a brutal beating at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day, posting the following statement on their official website:

Yesterday we got the most response from Bry to date. He lifted his left leg slightly when asked, he raised his left arm everytime we asked if we could hold his hand, and the best part? Bonnie asked Bryan if she could have a kiss and every time she asked him, he puckered his lips. The final time when she was leaving, Bonnie asked again for a kiss. Bry turned his head towards her, puckered his lips for the kiss, then turned his head back. The nurse was shocked and excited to see that!

Last week’s procedure to remove excess spinal fluid is believed to have led to the increased responsiveness, which is great to hear.

Meanwhile, the two men charged with Stow’s beating, Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, are scheduled to be arraigned on August 10.

1. halladaysbiceps - Aug 8, 2011 at 7:18 PM

This is great news! I hope, just like Congresswomen Giffords, that he progresses further and can become whole again. God bless!

• kcrockett1 - Aug 8, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Well put biceps!!!!

• kcrockett1 - Aug 9, 2011 at 12:48 AM

What kind of a**hole clowns would thumbs down any of this?

2. hook66 - Aug 8, 2011 at 7:37 PM

I hope those clowns pay dearly

3. slobmykolb - Aug 8, 2011 at 8:35 PM

great progress love to hear it!!! I hope those 2 scumbag pieces is sh1t rot if they are quilty!!!!!

• nixonotis - Aug 8, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Agree with the sentiment, but the “q” and the “g” keys aren’t even close and, thus, I’m fearful you’ve gone your whole life misspelling “guilty.” Education is power my friend.

After what happened with the last suspect, I hesitate to call the men in custody “scumbags,” “clowns,” or the like, but I sure hope that, should they be the true perpetrators, they are punished as harshly as our justice system allows.

4. cur68 - Aug 8, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Whew. Gone 3 days golfing and this is the first thing I read when I checked HBT. I’m sure glad to see this. I hope to see lots more of these posts describing progress in Mr. Stow’s rehabilitation. Thanks Aaron.

5. tardpalin - Aug 9, 2011 at 12:33 AM

He’ll never be the same and hopefully those guilty of this will never be seen.
    Evidence shows his own son coughed up the facts after being told to say NOTHING.

Out of the mouths of babes;)

• tardpalin - Aug 9, 2011 at 12:50 AM

His own son being the guy charged.
      25 to life is a good call IF found guilty

• nixonotis - Aug 9, 2011 at 1:38 AM

If they are truly guilty of this heinous crime, even the chance of parole is enough to make me ill.

6. bambam08 - Aug 9, 2011 at 7:47 AM

I’m glad to see that he’s made this much progress. I didn’t think he’d be able to do anything after the beating he took.

I hope he makes even more progress.

7. florida727 - Aug 9, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Bryan, here’s hoping you spend decades more kissing your wife and kids every time they ask you to.

Red Sox shopping Lester and Lackey