Aug 8, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
7:30 PM: According to Henry Schulman of San Francisco Chronicle, Carlos Beltran is out of the lineup for tonight’s game against the Pirates due to a sprained right wrist.
Beltran felt a sharp pain in his right hand when he struck out swinging to end the sixth inning during Sunday’s win over the Phillies. The good news is that X-rays came back negative and he is officially listed as day-to-day.
Beltran is batting .244/.261/.356 with two triples, a double and two RBI over 46 plate appearances since being acquired from the Mets on July 28. While he had an 61/60 K/BB ratio this season with the Mets, he has an 11/1 K/BB ratio since joining the Giants.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)