Aug 8, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
7:30 PM: According to Henry Schulman of San Francisco Chronicle, Carlos Beltran is out of the lineup for tonight’s game against the Pirates due to a sprained right wrist.
Beltran felt a sharp pain in his right hand when he struck out swinging to end the sixth inning during Sunday’s win over the Phillies. The good news is that X-rays came back negative and he is officially listed as day-to-day.
Beltran is batting .244/.261/.356 with two triples, a double and two RBI over 46 plate appearances since being acquired from the Mets on July 28. While he had an 61/60 K/BB ratio this season with the Mets, he has an 11/1 K/BB ratio since joining the Giants.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 29
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 46
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 22
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (163)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)