Aug 8, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
7:30 PM: According to Henry Schulman of San Francisco Chronicle, Carlos Beltran is out of the lineup for tonight’s game against the Pirates due to a sprained right wrist.
Beltran felt a sharp pain in his right hand when he struck out swinging to end the sixth inning during Sunday’s win over the Phillies. The good news is that X-rays came back negative and he is officially listed as day-to-day.
Beltran is batting .244/.261/.356 with two triples, a double and two RBI over 46 plate appearances since being acquired from the Mets on July 28. While he had an 61/60 K/BB ratio this season with the Mets, he has an 11/1 K/BB ratio since joining the Giants.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)