Aug 8, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
7:30 PM: According to Henry Schulman of San Francisco Chronicle, Carlos Beltran is out of the lineup for tonight’s game against the Pirates due to a sprained right wrist.
Beltran felt a sharp pain in his right hand when he struck out swinging to end the sixth inning during Sunday’s win over the Phillies. The good news is that X-rays came back negative and he is officially listed as day-to-day.
Beltran is batting .244/.261/.356 with two triples, a double and two RBI over 46 plate appearances since being acquired from the Mets on July 28. While he had an 61/60 K/BB ratio this season with the Mets, he has an 11/1 K/BB ratio since joining the Giants.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP