Aug 8, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
7:30 PM: According to Henry Schulman of San Francisco Chronicle, Carlos Beltran is out of the lineup for tonight’s game against the Pirates due to a sprained right wrist.
Beltran felt a sharp pain in his right hand when he struck out swinging to end the sixth inning during Sunday’s win over the Phillies. The good news is that X-rays came back negative and he is officially listed as day-to-day.
Beltran is batting .244/.261/.356 with two triples, a double and two RBI over 46 plate appearances since being acquired from the Mets on July 28. While he had an 61/60 K/BB ratio this season with the Mets, he has an 11/1 K/BB ratio since joining the Giants.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (125)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)