Aug 8, 2011, 8:29 PM EST
Carrasco was handed a six-game suspension last week for throwing at the head of Royals’ DH Billy Butler on July 29, but he didn’t begin serving the suspension until after his start last Wednesday against the Red Sox. However, because he was placed on the disabled list retroactive to August 4, he will be required to serve the entire suspension upon activation.
Carrasco, 24, has a 4.55 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 85/40 K/BB ratio over 21 starts this season. He was previously placed on the disabled list at the end of April with the very same injury.
David Huff, who was sent down to the minors to make room for the newly-acquired Ubaldo Jimenez in the starting rotation, will likely take his place Saturday against the Twins.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27