Aug 8, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Carrasco was handed a six-game suspension last week for throwing at the head of Royals’ DH Billy Butler on July 29, but he didn’t begin serving the suspension until after his start last Wednesday against the Red Sox. However, because he was placed on the disabled list retroactive to August 4, he will be required to serve the entire suspension upon activation.
Carrasco, 24, has a 4.55 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 85/40 K/BB ratio over 21 starts this season. He was previously placed on the disabled list at the end of April with the very same injury.
David Huff, who was sent down to the minors to make room for the newly-acquired Ubaldo Jimenez in the starting rotation, will likely take his place Saturday against the Twins.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 82
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)