Aug 8, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Carrasco was handed a six-game suspension last week for throwing at the head of Royals’ DH Billy Butler on July 29, but he didn’t begin serving the suspension until after his start last Wednesday against the Red Sox. However, because he was placed on the disabled list retroactive to August 4, he will be required to serve the entire suspension upon activation.
Carrasco, 24, has a 4.55 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 85/40 K/BB ratio over 21 starts this season. He was previously placed on the disabled list at the end of April with the very same injury.
David Huff, who was sent down to the minors to make room for the newly-acquired Ubaldo Jimenez in the starting rotation, will likely take his place Saturday against the Twins.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins