Aug 8, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Carrasco was handed a six-game suspension last week for throwing at the head of Royals’ DH Billy Butler on July 29, but he didn’t begin serving the suspension until after his start last Wednesday against the Red Sox. However, because he was placed on the disabled list retroactive to August 4, he will be required to serve the entire suspension upon activation.
Carrasco, 24, has a 4.55 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 85/40 K/BB ratio over 21 starts this season. He was previously placed on the disabled list at the end of April with the very same injury.
David Huff, who was sent down to the minors to make room for the newly-acquired Ubaldo Jimenez in the starting rotation, will likely take his place Saturday against the Twins.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)